Operation finally done 😀😀😀

Posted , 4 users are following.

So you may remember my posts about the awful time I had with hospital admission with acute cholestitis and awful pain and infection and all the waiting.... 

3 1/2 months later and it’s been removed yesterday. So glad that’s over. My nerves far outweighed the op it’s self tho!! 

My gallbladder surgery experience.... 

Make snap chat pics while waiting. Calm the nerves!! Lol

Cute doc says don’t worry going to make you sleepy now. Keep your eyes open for as long as possible!! 

One second later!  -  wake up and say did they do it?  Was it Keyhole? - yes and yes!! yay!!! ( they thought it would have to be full op!! But even tho it was a real mess, attached to liver, infected etc etc they got it out Keyhole!!) 

Slept for 5 hours

Woke up and get given steak pie and cake and custard. Eat it all with no ill effects!! 

Family up to visit. 

No pain killers at all!!

If Carlsberg did gallbladder ops 😂😂😂😂 ( Uk people will get this) 

Well I was due a break! Long may it continue....

Update I did take painkillers to sleep last night but only cocodamol. Hey I do have 3 holes in me and a drain and they did take an organ out!! 

Bit of shoulder pain from the gas but nothing compared to how sore with it all the night before the op. 

Feeling good and ready to go home. 

Good luck to anyone still going through this. Any advice I can give I will. Hope my recovery goes as well as the op. 

Claire xx

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh Claire.......I am so thrilled you are finally free from this misery! I have had gallbladder attacks in the past but in the early hours of Friday morning I took one which ended up in A&E where I was sent home with a week's course of antibiotics and painkillers for a gallbladder infection. I have never felt so ill in my life! Yesterday was a good day but today the pain is still here I just want this bloody infection to do one 😢 Due to have an MRCP scan on Wednesday.....I can't live with this anymore! Have a speedy recovery and get out there and enjoy life again......you are so lucky🍀 this is all behind you! (((Big hugs!💖wink))

• Posted

Hi Fifi,

It’s awful isn’t it. Worst pain ever. I hope you get it out soon. 

Thank you. You will hopefully be next ❤️xxx

• Posted

Unfortunately it looks like not anytime soon. Literally just had a phone call from hospital to say my scan has been cancelled for next week! 😢

• Posted

Yay!!!! So pleased for you Claire. Hope you just sail through recovery and go from strength to strength! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.