Operation scheduled for April 1st

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Ladies

Im new to this sight and Im so glad I have found it. Im due to have a TAH with BSO next week 1st April....Im am so nervous....I have multiple large fibroids which cause extreme pain and heavy bleeding... The closer the date is getting the more nervous and apprehensive Im feeling....Will be good to chat to others that have been through this or are having their op around the same time as me...cry

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Diane and Welcome! I'm fairly new myself but have truly enjoyed my chats with everyone. Nerves are normal but I think you will feel relief after. 
  • Posted

Welcome diane, I didn't have fibroids (had cancer instead) was also very nervous but kept telling myself that it would be much better afterwards, no heavy bleeding and having to wear 5 pads at a time (they would only last and hour sometimes), in the days leading up to my op I kept telling everyone I was going to run away, come the day of the op I was cool as a cucumber, I had resigned myself to the fact I HAD to do this or bleed to death.........it is wonderful post op, I still have a mountain of pads that I don't now need.

You will be fine I'm sure, no more bleeding or pain, just concentrate on that.

We will all be thinking of you, so keep in touch. biggrin

Phoebe.

• Posted

Hi Diane 

Sounds like you are suffering badly so think how much better you will be once you have been through recovery, you will be a new woman.  lol

My op is on Good Friday, hopefully they will sort out my bowel and bladder and stitch it all back, cannot wait.  razz

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi Diane, your feelings sound very normal to me. My surgery will be in June, don't have date yet. I'm two months away and I'm having moments of freaking out. But, I know I will be better once it is done. I have one huge fibroid and bowel prolapse. You will feel so much better and not bleed and hurt. You are in the right place to get great support from very nice gals in this group. ;0)
  • Posted

Hi Diane I also have a fibroids the largest is 18cm I'm having a TAH on 17th of April I am really nervous about the op but know I need to have it done. I wish you all the very best for your op and speedy recovery. We will both be fibroid free soon good luck. X
  • Posted

Hi Diane 

Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well and you have a trouble free recovery.  Let us know how you get on.  You will soon be on the road to recovery.  

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.