Opinions and suggestion on knee

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello to all, I had my pkr in April 2016. I started off having quite a bit of issues a few months back. Knew was giving out and causing me to fall and injuring other things. My knee snaps,pops and grinds. I was told this was normal with the kneecap replacement. So I kept complaining about the pain,difficulty sleeping and being able to just sit down and get up.I have become very depressed. I have had 2 opinions from pain Dr's that say I don't have crps.Both Drs thought that this was being pushed off and was not gonna diagnose me with crps because they didn't believe that's what was wrong.10 says ago I had my knee drained because I'm also dealing with moderate swelling. All blood off the knee was sent off to test and everything was fine. Yesterday I had a arthogram. So my present Dr sent me to have a new Dr take a look at things,just for a second opinion. They found on the arthrogram and ct that Medial Articular Cartilage Delamation was 6mm x 15mm. This new Drs taste of words were not very good. He said it wasn't time for a tkr and a scope with debridement and microfiber drilling could be beneficial. However after leaving the office I read my clinic notes. He has said I was being over dramatic and believed that my injury is part of the pain but doesn't think that it's all related to that injury. I'm satisfied with his decision in not having a tkr right now and I'm fine with a scope. The issue is I have complained for months about the great deal of pain and suffering I have endured. Yet I was told the xrays look very good. I'm happy to know that this was not in my head. How can a doctor say someone is being dramatic? My knee hurts, it's swollen and they was poking around on it yesterday. It's a little tender. When he picked my leg up and grabbed it around my ankle and my knee dropped was excruciating pain. Was I suppose to smile and say that it felt good? Sorry about ranting and making this so long. I just want other people advise on what should I do? Plus this new Dr said that I'm not far from needing a tkr. He said let's see if you get any relief from the other surgery? I'm not a guinea pig and I'm tired of being sent here and there for this and that. It's wearing me out physically and mentally. Thanks for any info.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina

Not completely understanding , you had pkr in April and just recently started having these issues is that correct . Also not sure what crps is .

Sorry you are going through all this . I had pkr in May 2016 and am doing well at this point . Hoping it all stays this way .

Hang in there ! It is such tough surgery .

Feel for all your going through .

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie, crps stands for complex regional pain syndrome. I had issues after my surgery as expected. I was assaulted right after my surgery and knocked to the ground on my surgery side. So I pushed through all that and kept moving forward. I had been having trouble with that knee giving out since the injury. I kept it in a ace wrap almost all the time to support it. It felt more supportive. Then it was recommended to not wear it so much. Then I fell down a flight of stairs and waited about 6 weeks to have it looked at. Scared of what they would find.
  • Posted

Hi Tina, to be honest, I would forget everything that has or hasn't happened in the past, and go for micro fracture.

I had this done and it gave me a lot of relief for over a year, and it can last longer.

So if that's what they are offering, go for it. The recovery time is short, and if you don't need a tkr yet, fair enough.

good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Posted

Hi Laura, It is a good idea. I had a discussion with my Dr before this test. He said if he was to do a scope he would have to reopen that incision area. It's kind of big. I'm concerned to why he can't just do like the other scopes and make small incisions? Hopefully I hear back from them soon and they recommend a scope with small incisions. I'm ready to get the ball rolling with recovery of a painfree life. Thank you so much with your help. I hope your doing well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.