Opinons please.. I was prescribed methimazole 20 mgs a day split 10 in the a.m 10 at night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Total t4 11.9. ...5.0-10.9

Tsh .612....350-5.500

Anti thyroglobulin 22.3 ..0.0-60.0

Anti thyroid perixidase 44.0..0.0-60.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Were you given the cause of your hyperthyroidism?  That makes a difference.  Your T4 is only slightly above range.  Your TSH low value indicates hyperthyroidism.  Do you have nodules or goiters?  What were your symptoms?
    • Posted

I have an multinodular goiter i have insomnia mood swings irritability weightloss nervous ness jitters warm and skin at times and crying palpatations some days i feel okay then boom
  • Posted

What is your T3 level? Your TSH is still in the range which implies just a subclinical hyperthyroidism. Your antibody numbers look in the range. As from your description of symptoms and goiter condition, I suspect you may not suffer from GD, but from nodule disorder. Did you do iodine uptake scan and find if you have hot nodule(s) or cold one(s)?
    • Posted

I dont have the results for uptake but i recall it stating 11.9 % at 4hrs and 24.9% at 24 hrs I wasnt tested for t3 if you need more info i will write you back when i get home
  • Posted

My uptake scan states findings ..planar images reveal homogenous distribution of the radiotracer without focal hot or cold ..impression euthyroid activity. At 4 and 24 hrs
    • Posted

Hi lashonda, Have your doctor or endo reviewed/explained your uptake scan report with you?  It looks like the scan result shows no thyroid disorder found. Most likely, you are still in "subclinical" (or mild) hyperthyroidism. When did you take your latest blood test and uptake scan? I am still wondering why/when you started 20mg MMI? Please clarify your situation.

• Posted

Hi mike no he only stated it wont go away ....i went on April 19 for uptake...April 26 he initially said he didnt want to treat . I went tohim May 8 because of my symptoms and thats when he prescribed methimazole. My last bloodtest was March 26 i have another May 22
    • Posted

I am still confused... you said you have a multinodular goiter, but then no hot or cold focal spots... Do you have an enlarged, but benign thyroid? Let's see your May 22 test and hopefully clear up a bit? Just hope it won't become worse, but don't be anxious and worried. Meanwhile, see if you can ask your doctor to cut the dose?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.