Optimal Free Testosterone

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have been going through hormone nighmares for 2 years since menopause. I am currently on 1 spray Evamist and local estrace cream. I am thin and keep losing weight. My skin is dry as a bone as well as my vagina. I have tried everything. I have been to 3 endocronologists and they each say something different. I am at my wits end. No matter how much estrogen I use I feel dried up. I am also thirsty, blurry vision, etc. My thyroid levels were checked several times and all was fine. I do have a large nodule but it was biopsied negative. Previous to the 1 spray Evamist and Estrace I was using the same but a tiny bit of testosterone. Well I felt angry so stopped that. My question is this......Can too much testosterone cause vaginal dryness??? My voice seems lower but I know it can either be testosterone or thyroid and yet they both check out fine. My total T was 25 with 1 spray Evamist and Estrace cream. My Free T was 2.1. But I keep losing weight. My first endo said I have insulin resistance but my blood sugar never goes over 120 so not sure on that. Can someone please tell me what they think the optimal levels are for free testosterone? My face is soooo dry and droopy and I am miserable and have lost all self esteem. I would like to gain 10 pounds which is funny since I lost 135 pounds 3 years ago. I am weary. Any help at all or insight would be helpful. The Dr.s are of no help. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are still struggling.  I guess after reading your story the first thing I would say is that your estrogen isn't working quite right.  Your testo level looks fairly good. And you didn't mention any progesterone. While too much can overwhelm the system, i have read that it helps turn on estrogen receptors.  Have you ever tried a very low dose?  

It may be something to consider.   

• Posted

Maybe you should try changing doctors losing weight doesn't sound right maybe you should also change hrt

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear i was on evorel conti patches as i found them good but now my doc wot to stop them have u had them or try i have just got sum menopace original to see if thay help doc are not much help u can get cream of doc for the dryness hope this has helped or if you see a another doc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.