Oral sex and HIV

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve had oral sex and I’m scared of getting hiv ..?? Can I get hiv or any other std ..? I preformed oral sex on my bf for about 1min .. there was pre cum but I didn’t swallow the pre cum he didn’t cum in my mouth 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Unless you have an open sore in your mouth / lip area, it would be difficult to be vulnerable to contracting HIV / AIDS from giving oral. Do you know your man's HIV status? He would have to be HIV+ to pass it to you.

• Posted

Unlikely, but for your peace of mind it would be good go to a sexual health clinic practitioner to get checked and get some advice about safer sex with a HIV+ partner.
  • Posted

yes, you can get sexually transmitted infections from oral sex. if it was your boyfriend why would you be so concerned? HIV risk for oral sex is low. 
    • Posted

... sorry i missed the comment that he was HIV+. Anyway, transmission risk is very very low for oral, especially if he is on suppression drugs.
    • Posted

No he’s not taking any medicine . Actually what happened was my bf had sex with a sex worker he had protected sex penis to vagina .. but the sex worker gave him oral sex she gave his penis oral only.  so I think he’s hiv+ 
    • Posted

... cookies, if i was in your situation, I would both get tested. Your will have to wait 6 weeks (talk with a doctor) after your exposure for results to be conclusive.

Statistically speaking in this situation the chances that he caught HIV+ are low. Therefore, you are likely okay as well. Oral sex is a LOW transmission risk (unless there was a lot of blood involved). HIV is more commonly passed through anal or vaginal sex and your BF was protected, according to your story. 

• Posted

I'm assuming he would be on treatment? Your chances are very low. But as mentioned below, talk to your doctor about ways to prevent HIV

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.