Orlistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, does anybody know how I would go about being put back on Orlistat had a hiccup about a year ago and the docs took me off them. Does that mean I have missed my chance now?

Any help would be great. 

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

No just ask them again tell them your serious and they will give them to you. How much have you got to lose? also they only give them if your bmi/weightis over a certain number
    • Posted

hello, my BMI is just a tad over 35. (AGAIN) I'm worried that they won't say yes. I know that they will also want me to show them I can loose X again on my own, this is a struggle to be honest. 

When I was previously on them I lost around 4stone in a year. Did amazingly well but some how drifted from them (few family issues- no excuse really) And now I have seen the majority pile on again. Really gutted but I cannot continue like this. 

smile

• Posted

Hello,

Don't worry they will give them to you they gave them to me about 3 and a half yrs ago i moved house lost them etc blah blah then restarted them in jan 2013 have now lost over 100lb since then and all i said to them the second time around was i want to lose weight and she gave them to me and it was a different doctor that time. Well done for losing that 4 stone. Best thing you can do is make an appointment the worst thing they can say is No then you can always request to see another doctor it's not like you didn't lose weight on them the first time around they know you are serious x

• Posted

Thank you. Fingers crossed then just need to pluck up courage to go then!
  • Posted

Michelle your just spamming these boards i would not want to buy these from an unknown source. If you decide to but them chemist direct sells them at least they are well known
    • Posted

It's fine britney.. I think if I could afford to spend that kind of money I would just have surgery... But that's only my opinion
    • Posted

@Ke190306 even at the prescription i pay it's still cheaper than the website that was quoted good luck you don't need to resort to surgery weight loss on your own with the tablets is achievable. x
  • Posted

Go to your GP and get them wjere you can be monitored properly and save your pennies for new clothes when you have lost your weight!

Thats what I woudl do anyway, x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.