Orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

:?:

Hi all My name is Sal, I have been on orlistat for 4 weeks and not lost a pound, not had any of the side effects either, what I'm I doing wrong.

I have fruit and fibre for breakfast

salad with low calorie dip for lunch

pasta with sauce for tea.

help.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sal, sorry you aren't having much success at the moment. Have you increased your exercise in which case you may be getting more toned. It may be worth taking a few measurments.

Can you give us a bit more detail on what you are eating and drinking. Don't give up as there are plenty of people on here to help you. We're in this together.

Good Luck.

• Posted

hi

Menus for last week

monday breakfast asda fruit and fibre, skimmed milk, cup of tea

lunch salad low calorie dip, satsuma & hand full of cherries

tea, sunday lunch left overs, roast chicken, new pots, carrots, french beans, peas, 1 yorkshire pudding, 4 or 5 spoonfuls of gravy.

tuesday breakfast/lunch as above always the same.

tea, chicken curry, rice, naanbread onion bajee.

wed tea, pasta with asda chees and bacon sauce, tinned mushrooms grilled bacon, small tin of peas. (serves 4)

thursday tea, ham and pineapple pizza (half an asda deep pan)

friday - chicken stir fry, uncle bens sweet and sour sauce, prawn toasts.

Saturday lunch grilled bacon sandwich

Saturday tea, oven cooked fish and low fac chips mushy peas.

During the week a couple of pints of cider, lots of cups of tea and black coffee during the day. I walk the dog 3 times a day, but he is old so not very far and not very fast 15mins each.

If you have any ideas what I should change I would be grateful as I am getting a bit down hearted at the lack of weight loss

Sal

• Posted

there were a few things which sprung to mind where i'd question the fat content, you need to have no more than 30g a day and no more than 15g in any one meal.

i would question the curry, naan, bajee, cheese & bacon sauce, prawn toasts, 1/2 pizza - i'm not saying these are not within the limits but they are the things which i would not expect to be especially when eating with other things

• Posted

hi there

Welcome to the group!

There are lots of places in that menu you can change to be really honest - personally for me i wouldnt have a curry, naan, baji, on the same week as having pizza, fish and chips and prawn toast. One of those would of been a treat, surrounded by a week of veggies, salads, jackets, and lots of chicken breast's, but then thats just me!!! And they do say try to eat what you normally would eat but a healthy alternative but still try to get as much fat free stuff in as poss, and veggies and fresh fruit.

You drinks lots of tea?? that prob needs to be cut right down, have squash or water maybe - the milk in ur tea will have to be included in your fat intake

You have no snacks at all? no fruit?? cereal bars?? yogurts??

Dont forget you still have to watch your calories.

Also watch portion sizes., i hope some of this helps you.

The exercise is ok i guess, try to get ur heart racing a little though, my docs recommends 30 mins a day walking to get your heart racing

Good luck to you

Sian smile

x

• Posted

Hi Sian

thanks for the advice . I do eat lots of fruit, but not many snacks, maybe the odd packet of quavers.

Will try harder

cheers

sal

8)

• Posted

I platto regularly. I have stayed the same weight now for 2 months, and it is hard not to get down about it.

Times have been really hard recently, I have a young family and can not via off the family meal thing, we all eat the same as I can't afford different meals.

I have times when the tablets don't feel like they are working then they do. They maybe working but just because you have not lost anything, is maybe you are counter acting what you could have put on, which will keep you at the same weight. (If that makes sense).

My children are young active and eat well, so I am lucky there but equally they shouldn't be given half fat/low cal meals so I have to balnce it for them as well.

Good luck xx

• Posted

:P

Hi all

Just to let you know i lost 2 kg at my last weigh in,

thanks for all the advice and support

Sal

• Posted

Oh nice one Sah!!!!!!!

Congrats, so your getting the hang of it then? Keep doing what your doing smile

Sian

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up