orlistat newbie

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi ive just started orlistat and have just noticed an orange colour while wiping my bottom is this normal? Has anyone experienced this? should i continue using it or stop? any advice is appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leigh,

I've only been taking Orlistat for 15 days so I'm no expert, but I would continue with them. The tablets may be getting rid of any fat in your system prior to taking the tablets.

My first week I was bloated and a little constipated and didn't lose anything weight wise. My second week, I have settled a lot more and lost 6 1/2 pound!

Good Luck! x

• Posted

Hi leigh, this is normal when taking the tablets you have just eaten too much fat. you need to be careful what you eat no more than 5g of fat in 100g and no more than 15g per meal. and drink plenty of water.

Did you doctor / nurse not tell you of the side effects??

• Posted

Hi,

Yes thats normal. Its what the tablets do.  Dont worry just remember that if u eat food with a high fat content thats what will happen.

I have only been on them for 13days but once u get used to what u should be eating the oily stuff should stop. 

Good luck :-) xx 

• Posted

Hi

Continue with it. The side effects come when you eat too much fat could you reply back with what you have been eating how many days have you been on them? If you have just started taking them it could be from the food eaten before starting the tablets. They do work but you have to eat the right things. If you have any other questions please post back i have been on them just over a year and know the ins and outs of them! smile

• Posted

Hi i only started them on monday. I wouldnt say i eat alot of high fatty foods but yesterday i probably did overdo it. I dont usually eat breakfast which i know i should start. i usually have either a sandwich or soup for lunch. sometimes a packet of crisps or choc bar inbetween (not every day though) then dinner. i am eating more fruit and veg. i have an underactive thyroid and was on the pill which put weight on over the last 2 years but have come off the pill so hoping to lose weight. I have epilepsy which is why im only taking 1 tablet (120mg) to start with to see if it affects my meds. so far its ok. 

Thanks

• Posted

@Leigh26 the crisps or Chocolate bar will cause the side effects and can take up to 72 hours to get out of your system. I never ate breakfast before i went on these tablets i find Shreddies fill me up. The effects could come from the food you ate before you took the tablets is your soup under 5g fat per 100g. Are you eating cheese with your sandwich? you can only have laughing cow lightest or sainsburys do a philidelphia type spread which is within the rules of course if you don't eat cheese ignore what i just said. Also make sure you only cook with frylight spray any of them are fine x

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up