Orlistat Update...week One

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys. Just updating you.

So I've been taking these Orlistat now for one week. Finding it hard to get my head around really...how some things I eat I think SHOULD be full of fat don't have any effect on me. What I AM finding though is that I'm going to the toilet a lot more than I used to. But it's not ALWAYS orange oil. Hmmmm.

I've been exercising a lot, a lot of dancing and going to the gym. I think maybe the best thing for me to do is to stop looking for these \"expected\" side effects and just let the Orlistat do their work.

I'm weighing in today for the first time. I don't expect miracles after just a week, but as long as the medication is doing SOMETHING I'm happy.

Wish me luck guys! Hope you are doing well too! biggrin

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

good luck on the weigh on, am a bit concerned that you say \"But it's not ALWAYS orange oil. Hmmmm.\"

If it is orange at any time then from my understanding you have over done it on the fat intake. Your stools should not really change at all, might be wrong but that is my understanding on things.??

• Posted

thinking about it the orange could be down to it just being your first week, remember I had a orange experience on my first week, but it's not something that should be happening long term.
  • Posted

hi

just wanted to say good luck, i've been on the tablets for two weeks (although this is my second time round, i fell off the wagon last time!) my weigh in is tomorrow and although i dont think i've lost as much this week compared to last week (9lbs!) i feel i've definately shrunk (lost inches) i think this is because i've upped my carb intake but done lots more exercise

let us know how you get on

Carley

x

• Posted

you shouldnt be having orange oil experiences and you shouldnt be taking the aproach of eating something and just hoping it doesnt effect you because one day you might be at work or out and you may just leak oil with very little or no warning, you really need to be looking at the fat content of everything you eat and not exceeding 15g per meal and 30g a day.

a work colleague of mine told me just today that she knew someone on these who risked eating some chocolate (about 20g fat) for her dinner as she'd missed lunch and took her tablet then the next morning she trumped whilst in bed and lots of orange oil came out - stunk, stained nightwear, bedding and matress and was very embarrasing

well done carley, it sounds like you're doing well 2nd time around smile

• Posted

Well I weighed in...and lost a 1lb. sad So disappointed because I thought I was doing ok. I did have ONE day where I caved, at the beginning, and had a donut but I've been eating low cal/low fat food, I've never exceeded the fat intake per meal...and yet sometimes I get the orange stools and sometimes not. I had a SALAD two days ago, without dressings or anything...and still had the oil. sad

I really hoped for more than this. I'm not giving up though...perhaps it's an adjustment period...I don't know. But I was so upset yesterday. sad

Perhaps it's swings and roundabouts. Maybe I'm just getting used to it...maybe I just need to experiment with different foods. I don't know. I'm a bit frustrated today. :?

• Posted

the salad wouldn't of made you get the orange if it was just lettuce, cucumber and that type of thing.

what is your daily food intake?

are you making sure you are counting the total fat on the label and not just the saturated ?

today so far I have had:

breakfast: bowl containing special K, cheerios and cranberries (don't like to just have a single cereal as boring :D ) with skimmed milk

Lunch: pitta bread with BBQ chicken - sort you get packet already in pieces with some Levi Roots sauce.

Be good to yourself chocolate trifle

Having an apple whilst watching Deal or No deal and a cup of green tea

Tea not sure yet but yesterday I had a packet of beef flavoured rice and a slice of bread followed by Be Good to yourself Raspberry cheesecake.

About 8.30pm with a cup of tea I had 2 caramel snack a jacks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.