Other knee

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Folks, I had a TKR in March 2016, no problems with other knee before the operation, but once I started cutting down pain meds for operated knee I noticed a little discomfort with other knee. I am waiting an appointment with consultant but typically NHS waiting list are running behind!!! I am looking a little advice, the pain and discomfort in this knee is totally different to the other knee as in it is all centered on the inner side of my knee. I also get pain going down into my shin bone and when I have been walking or standing too much at work feel as if a tight band is tied round lower part of thighjust above my knee. I am currently on 3 different pain meds but getting little relief especially at night and my GP sys next stage is oral morphine which i am relucant to go on as when i took it for other knee spaced me out, felt drowsy all the time and generally had no life. I know it is heading that way again but looking for bit advice or help. Sleep is hard as cant lie on either side as it aggrevates it and cant lie on front as hurts knee. My knee is also very tender totouch.....all different symptoms to other one, I know no 2 knees will be the same but any advice would be lovely. thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It doesn't sound like the normal osteoarthritis pain does it. . I wonder if there is something to with nerves involved?  that tight feeling  . . . I had  that around the waist when my sciatic nerve was compromised.  Anyway, only the doc can really tell you, so I hope you get referred soon, as those strong painkillers are no good for  you long term.

• Posted

Thank you Martin, yes being on the painkillers is not good long-term, my GP keeps a close eye on my bloods especially liver and kidney function which are raised a bit the last 3 mths.

​I see my GP again next week and am gong ring my consultants secretary tomorrow and see if any sign appointment.

​thank you

• Posted

Sue

I sleep with a pillow between my knees at nite.Perhaps try it??

• Posted

Thank you Pete i will give it a go, will try anything. As well as

pain killers take supplements wear a arthritis band, really try anything. Thank you sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.