Other knee

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I am 10 weeks post TJR.. have a question I've not seen in any other discussion. I had my right knee done and doing well... can straighten 100 % and bend is 120. BUT

As for walking.. my non operated on leg is killing me!!! I will be getting that knee replaced as soon as insurance and schedules get figured out.. but in the meantime, I can not walk anywhere near normal UNLESS I'm on maximum pain relief! Even then I limp, but it doesn't hurt as much.

The pain is all from my bad leg, but really worried. I can't walk half a block without intense pain, by the end of the day I walk like I have a wooden leg with absolutely no bend!!! Need some feedback, please!?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Is the pain inside your knee, above or below it, shooting down your leg, what???  I'm assuming that the "bad leg" is the non-operated one.

• Posted

Hi! I noticed a few days after my first TKR that my OTHER KNEE felt SO much weaker, so much more bent, so NOT STURDY compared to my new knee!

Even at physical therapy, my new knee was able to hold me so much better than my old knee.

I KNEW that I wanted to get it replaced as soon as possible! It was REALLY holding me back! I had comparatively little pain following surgery, but my old knee was still VERY painful and throbby.

Three and a half months after my first TKR I had my other knee done.

My two knees were the best things I have ever done for myself!

(TKRs June and October 2015)

• Posted

My unoperated leg is worse now ..not too bad in my case but I notice the weakness!
  • Posted

I hear ya🏃???My operated knee is doing well but my other knee feels squishy.  Not horrible pain but it sure doesn't feel right.  The doctor said at first that I newas died to have the l ft one done first because it was worse than the right.  At that time it didn't hurt as much as the right so I didn't listen to him.  Now my left knee is barking at me all the time.  

I think when we wer going through the rsurgery covers we put a lot of pressure on the unoperated knee.  I try and ice it and treat it as well as the new one.  Good luck👏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.