out of the ordernary

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anxiety sometimes make u so upset or angry that u just don't wanna be touched at all 

1 like, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

yeah I have felt that too sometimes. Sometimes I need a good cry to myself and there have been times when I get very irritable and I just go off on my own then so that I don't snap at someone in a moment of anger because I'm working through some stuff that's on my mind. 

I find writing out what you are thinking/feeling helps. And sometimes it will make you realise how you feel and you can tell someone then if that will help the situation. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Lord who would want anyone touching them feeling ill with panic and anxiety? Only a very selfish sick person would push the issue. Your health comes first.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My boyfriend don't get it when I tell him I don't wanna he touched he touches me I mean its so annoying then we start physical fighting he has problems but so do I I get mad when he touches me when I tell him not to even to rub my back hug me or just touch my leg or foot I tell him no but he does it anyway I can't take it he never listens I love him but I guess I need a break from him I'm sad 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You need your space with anxiety. Its very hard for others to understand. And not take personally. But you or no one should be pressured that just adds to the anxiety more.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, all the time. I push people away from me because i feel enclosed and find it much easier to just get out of the way and keep to myself. It helps me to stay calm. But it does have its bad sides. I find it difficult to talk to people face to face now or even think of a subject to talk about. I don't actually even enjoy talking to people face to face anymore. Do you do the same sort of thing?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It depends I need to talk to people face to face to make sure I'm still myself u know not like I mean I sometimes feel like I'm not in the world and I'm all by myself and not noticed cuz my anxiety makes me that was but my boyfriend touches me either to rub my back or to just bother me I tell him to stop and he does it to me anyway then I'm the mean one I have anger issues but I can't control my anger while having anxiety I throw things I hit him I can't control my feelings cuz I feel like I'm gonna die then I just snap at him like screw it I'm gonna die anyways minus well flip out    don't know that's just how I am how I feel 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeh he just doesn't understand how you are feeling. I can imagine that it is hard for people that havn't experienced anxiety to understand what you are going through. My girlfriend when i was with her, she wanted to go to the shopping mall and i was panicking so bad, i just wanted to stay indoors and i din't want to go at all. I snapped at her told her to leave me alone. I felt so bad but that was the only way i could feel safe again. She didn't understand at all when i tried to explain to her the way i felt because she had never experienced it herself. It makes perfect sense that you lash out and get angry, i do the same. smile Your boyfriend just wants some attention off you just like my girlfriend did but it is hard isn't it when your panicking sad just want to relax and not be bothered.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up