Out of Work

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.  I am getting close to my 2 week out of work mark.  I am wondering how much time you took off work?  I cannot imagine having to have a bowel movement at work.  It is still so painful and such a long ordeal of shower and bath.  So how long did you stay out of work?  Thanks!!!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You were in the same boat as me, I don’t know what kind of work u do. But u can try and get paid for loss of time, that’s how I was/ because it took me about a month and a half to start using bathroom without pain. The first 3,4 week was awful. I thought doc messed up, I was thinking to myself, that there is no way it should be still this much pain after few weeks. But hang in there it will get better. Hot showers /baths/ stool softeners!! Good luck
  • Posted

I had 3 internal prolapsing hems removed and I still can't sit for long periods, yet. It all depends if you had internal or external ones and how big they were, etc. It may take weeks more to heal. For me, I'd have to say it took 3 1/2 mos to feel not bad and able to go out without fear of crapping myself (not being able to get to a bathroom in time) and also pain afterwards. I'd have to jump right into a sitz bath afterwards - that lasted for about 2-2 1/2 mos. Then I'd need just to shower off as I developed a fissure which is now healed. Let your body tell you when it's time. DON'T RUSH THIS. You have one chance to heal properly. Treat you anus like a delicate princess.

• Posted

Luckily I work from home but would have needed 3 weeks off with my lady bout! I would advise you to get a toilet stool to put your feet up on while going to the loo. It puts you in a more natural position and can help prevent straining/ piles/ fissures. You can buy fairly cheaply on internet. I’ve been using one for the last 7 months and have found it to be a complete cure. I even have a folding portable one that I keep in the back of the car and take on holiday. I can’t recommend them highly enough. It’s been a real life changer. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.