Outcome of Rheumatology Appointment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Having waited four months I wasn't disappointed. In fact the rheumatologist I saw today was so much better, understanding and informative than the private one I saw back in Dec/Jan. She is doing another series of blood tests, an MRI and has commenced me on new medication. She will see me again in 4-6 weeks times for a follow up. She took a very detailed history as I was fit and healthy up until September last year. I had been in the States for the month of August which she found interesting and is testing me for Lymes. She examined me thoroughly and did find swelling over a few of the joints. We discussed Fibromylgia and my treatment options. She advised that once the battery of tests come back and all are clear then she will look at a diagnosis of Fibro. Thanks all for all your recent support. Hopefully your day is going as ok as mine is so far. Feeling very hopeful:-) x

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh that's good news Julie. Glad you have found a good rheumatologist. Carry on sharing when you get your results. xx
    • Posted

I will let you all know Jeanne. I've just taken one of my new tablets. Fingers crossed I will be able to do more if they control the pain x
    • Posted

It's called Arcovia. 120mgs once daily. I actually feel ok , pain wise this evening. Fingers crossed x
    • Posted

Do you mean Arcoxia? I can't find any reference to Arcovia. Arcoxia is a NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) so is used for such conditions as arthritis. Lots of luck Julie. Fingers crossed indeed! xx
    • Posted

Yes, that's the one Jeanne. Will see how it goes but I'm v drowsy x
    • Posted

Jeanne, hello, I'm no better reaklly to be totally honest. The medication helps a little. Have an MRI scan on the 25th. Will see the rheumatologist after that regarding the outcome of all tests. It's getting to the stage where I really don't know if i will ever work again and simply don't know how I will manage without an income. Thankyiu for asking and hope you are ok xx
    • Posted

Hi Julie, sorry to hear there's been no real improvement. Hopefully when you see the rheumatologist again with all your results you will get some answers. I have just had to give up work. I have arthritis as well as FM, and had to give up a nursing career after 30+ years. I then took a temp post as a ward clerk, 20 hours a week, but continued to struggle most weeks. My contract ended last week, and I had been off sick for the last six weeks. I have now applied for ESA . I already get PIP, but the 2 together will still only be about half my nursing salary. However, I feel much better not having to struggle at work any more, and am trying to get fresh air, and listen to the birds singing and appreciate what I have. Please keep us informed. Did you get results back for Lyme Disease yet? xx
    • Posted

No not yet Jeanne. The Lymes test takes a couple of weeks I'm told.  I  too may just have to hang up my hat after 24 years of nursing. I'm just wondering tif I do have FM will i be allowed to retire on medical grounds. These days it's so difficult to get ill health retirement but my GP thinks that I may not be able to return as this has left me very debilitated. I too love being in he fresh air and try to get out at least once a day. It's hard to get motivated but I just try and do it xx
    • Posted

Hiya Julie, really feeling for  you..worried about work like that...you can really do without that stress, worrying changes absolutely nothing..only us..stress...soo bad for Fibro too..  Hope after all the tests the Rhumo can really help you..so that you can get back to work...please try not to worry soo much -.easier said than done..I know...whatever happens..just remember you are definitely not alone, you are really loved and people care a lot about you too..be strong...keep blogging..we are all here for each other..someone  has always been through what we have been through..we learn soo much from others suffering..use your suffering as a megaphone for change...be blessed..come on the..25th, have a lovely Eastertime Julie..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Thankyiu Christine. Well appreciated. Have a good Easter too and yes, you are right. Stress doesn't help if this is Fibromylgia and all the indicators seem to be there . Just off to the GP now as my blood pressure is quite high xx
  • Posted

That is fantastic!!! She sounds a lot like my Rheumatoligist.

biggrin

• Posted

Yes Shelagh, she's lovely, thank goodness. I was v disappointed after seeing the private chap..he didn't give much confidence x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.