outpatient partial program

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. After completing a two week out patient partial program for panic,anxiety, depression I wanted to say to any of you who have it available in your hospital and area to definitely do it. It was the best decision and excellent opportunity for me, it was a group of about five sharing everything, and med changes etc. Therapy group each day was very rewarding, and a psychiatry Dr there each day to adjust meds. This was my last option to get on right meds and be around people with the same problems. And most importantly I'm back to my old self again and feel great. I will be following. Up with therapist and Dr. There on regular basis. Good luck to all of you. I just was having nothing work and felt so awful so I tried this. If anyone tried this please let me know.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very interesting, where is the country did you have this? And how did you get put onto it? Sounds very interesting indeed
    • Posted

I'm in US. Its a ten day program. Mon - Fri. Four hours each morning. Call your hospital and ask, then you go fill out papers and start next day. Program is ongoing. Insurance pays even. Its the best of both worlds, a Dr and therapy, and you meet great people. Great opportunity. You volunteer to do it. Or if in a crisis also you can start asap.
    • Posted

I'm in the uk, unfortunately we don't have programs like this I don't think
    • Posted

Hi. Call around and ask. I never knew there was a program like this here either. My new therapist called and told me. So you just may, good luck.
  • Posted

I'm in indiana, and I totally begged to get it to the hospital and was turned away due to no insurance  I'm seeing a therapist at a low cost clinic and I really like her and it's helping but the line is very long and I can only see her once every two months and recently that has not been enough.

im so glad they have programs like this tho, when I was living in Illinois we had some of the best mental health care. I miss the ability to get in once a week to see someone.

• Posted

Hi. Leave me a private message, if you want. I will give you hospital info. Is it Indiana or Indiana pa?
  • Posted

I am so pleased for you.  That programme sounds really helpful.  I am glad you are doing well.  Thank you for sharing this with us, as it helps a lot.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.