Skip to content
in this discussion +3 following
molly35414 molly35414

Ovarian Cyst - Complex & MRI

Can someone please give me some reassurance? I visited the emergency department about a month ago now with a pain in my right side, and they found a 7cm complex cyst on my right ovary, they ordered tumour markers and other tests like ca-125 and *touch wood* they were said to be fine, however they had mad an appointment for me to have an MRI scan a couple of weeks after, when I had finished my MRI they radiographer knew I was very anxious, and said "if it helps, I have a duty of care and if I have to report anything worrying to the emergency department straight away, and I do not feel the need to do that with you, so stop worrying". 2 weeks later I rung up the secretary of gynaecology, and they said they have received my results and that I will get them in the post. because of my m major anxiety, I then rung up the MRI department the next day to see if a letter had being sent and the receptionist said that they usually call people in to discuss results!! so I was very confused as to what way I would be receiving my results? sad I think rung the gynaecologist ward in which I was sent to on the day I got my bloods taken a month back, and they said usually you only get called in if it is something bad, and that to not really rely on what they receptionist had said, and if anything was to be urgent they probably would have got in touch by now, my MRI was two weeks ago. Am I just being a worrier or? I just have severe anxiety, can anyone help???? 

1 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.