Ovary removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I'm new to this group but need advice. I have always got cysts on my ovaries but they have got worse and bigger. They have scheduled me for surgery in two days to remove my left ovary and tube, tack my cervix up so it isn't in the way of sex anymore. They r removing a 5cm cyst on right ovary. Dr gave me option of taking right ovary too. I'm torn. I'm done wth having kids but worry about menapause at 34 yrs old. I was wondering if anyone has had this done and how it went. They r doing the less invasive one with the small holes. How long will I stay in hospital? How bad was pain? How long were u off work? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi amber i had both ovaries removed ,had dermoid tumor on right but he took both ovaries so nothin could grow back,i had major surgery cut bikini line staples,i went home day after ,it takes about 10/12 weeks to be back to normal,but if your not cut i guess 4/6weeks,its not painful as long as you rest after and dont try lift things,my friend just had gall bladder removed 2 weeks ago with the holes as u say,and shes now driving her car,shes do good,dont worry i know your just 34 and i was 54 and had been through menopause,but please dont worry it be fine,what do you mean tack your cervix up?,keep me intouch ,dont worry your be fine tc magssmile
    • Posted

Thanks for advice. My cervix is tipped all funny so Dr will move it back Where it belongs and stitch it there. Tomorrow's the big day. I just hate taking time off work. Dr said two weeks at least yuck
    • Posted

Well my surgery was today. I'm home now. They took both ovaries, both tunes, and tilted and sewed my cervix back Where it used to b. I'm I pain but pain meds help. Can't seem to sleep cuz I can't get comfortable. The worst part was it was and still is hard to pee. I feel like I have to pee bad but not much comes out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.