Over 4 weeks citalopram flat feeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everybody , just a quick update , over 4 weeks now on citalopram , still no interest in anything or motivation , I know I have m.s but I dealt with it before , now I just feel like giving up , it's awful , everything is still an effort and still confusing , not sure if it's anxiety , concentration , the meds or m.s , feeling like I have no purpose in life , reluctant to drive or go out ! Please please help ?!?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your MD ASAP. Talk to him. One of the side effects can be increased depression and worse. Go IMMEDIATELY please
  • Posted

Then I would return to the gp Gary sounds like your still low see what they say thought by now you would start to feel bit better.If not getting much joy with one Dr try another one x
  • Posted

Hya I too have been on citalopram for

5 weeks and have no interest in anything,

More anxiety than ever before, I am going to change mine to a different one and see if that helps. I think citalopram are meant for

Very mild depression only as a lot of people have mentioned the same feelings whilst

On these. I would mention to your gp the

Way your feeling and he might suggest a

New antidepressant instead. Hope this

Helps take care

• Posted

Ive tried cymbalta , sertraline , gabapentin , trazadone and nothing helped , lost cause i think . Losing hope
  • Posted

Bloody Citalopram, it should settle down. It is after a ll a so called 'mild anti depressent' after all and the doses can go up to 60/80mg. So Christ knows what a heavy duty anti depressent does! Feeling spaced out and slightly bonkers is quite normal for a while, but if your mood changes to darker places....see the Dr again, quickly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.