Over thinking, low energy, bad memory... Whats wrong with me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey I was hoping someone here could help me out. So basically, I have always had a problem with overthinking and what I figure is related to that, a sort of social phobia.

I have trouble speaking to others, I mumble, I can't pronounce certain words, and worst of all I can't even focus on what the other person is saying. In one ear out the other, no matter how hard I try to listen and focus I can never think of anything to reply with.

Im extraordinarily critical of myself, not on purpose, but everything I do is followed by a flurry of questions and self doubt. Generally if I'm confident about something, I'll regret it an hour later(give or take depending on the decision) if I don't get the result I expected. This is especially stressful when I'm trying to talk to somebody over text etc and maybe they don't reply the way I expected or whatever.

I have really bad digestive issues, I can't monitor my breathing without manually breathing but I'm pretty sure I have irregular breaths. Along with that I have a terrible memory and I can't focus on things directly in front of me occasionally. I can still see and my body with react accordingly but my mind isn't focused.

Its like my mind is focused on itself and my body is it's own entity, only aiding each other when necessary. They almost feel completely separated. Obviously that doesn't make sense.

This is just the surface, what I can write down off the top of my head. Sometimes that "disconnected" feeling (I read about depersonolization, kinda fits the bill) is worse than other times.

Now that my wall is complete ish, I'm forgetting stuff, but this should be enough to start. Anybody have any idea what's wrong with me? Multiple issues? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I should also mention I sweat a lot when in social settings, and in crowded situations where the attention may be focused on me, I sometimes get really cold (probably due to excessive sweating) and I get a weird, panicky shake in my body with my chest being the center point.
  • Posted

You have anxiety. You need to calm down and slow your mind if you can. If you can't, medication can help. Once you've calmed down, see what exactly makes you anxious. You can't figure that out while being anxious... so you need to slow down, relax and then it'll be clear. Look at tips on how to reduce anxiety, or if you simply can't, medication is next. Don't go for benzos though. They are highly addictive and will cause more problems than solutions. Once you've calmed down, talk to a therapist. Get some cbt.

• Posted

They put me on anti deps and diazepam four years ago for anxiety.  I have not been able to,tolerate several anti deps so ended up,on small dose mirtazapine which psych says now to drop,down.  I amfeeling low and anxious still, diazepam at 5 or 7mg a day.

i have nothing to be depressed about, family all fine but still,i am ill.  Just want life back. Had over 20sessions of cbt. No luck. 

Dont know if im ill as im lowering mirtaz or if im ill anyway.  Dont want to take any more pills.  How to get through this is the key.

• Posted

Brick.  I agree with Sam.  Sounds like anxiety or depression.  If you can, go see a doctor or therapist.  
  • Posted

I have the same going on. I used to smoke to help me calm down but i quit a while back. Sometimes i really feel like starting again when i look at my bong but i live with my parents and they will disapprove they think it means your a delinquent if you smoke but for me i did it to stop my worries. I didnt want to be on medication still am not and i feel like im going crazy. The oil does not calm down my anxiety i need thc in it. rolleyes so we are in the same position . i never smoked tobacco though. Just pipes and bongs
    • Posted

Hey I'm the same I use weed to help me but it doesn't stop the overthinking and high thc also makes me more anxious. Sometimes cbd helps.

• Posted

Wow i guess it works different for people. I would never overthink. Im doing cbd oil rn since i live with my parents bug doesnt help at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.