Over This

Posted , 10 users are following.

Honestly, when women go to doctors offices with all of these symptoms they need to draw blood every frigin day or do saliva test every frigin day, however they test these wretched hormones, for a month or longer and see how much they fluctuate and have the woman keep a journal how shes feeling everyday during that time, literally every twinge, ache, crying, nightmares, digestive issues, non stop fight or flight feeling, senses so heightened I can hear or smell if my frigin neighbor farts, every ounce of my body and organs feeling so dry like ive been on the sahara desert, urge to throat punch innocent people because... well just because..... and figure this s**t out.

Just had to vent. Or maybe im not making any sense haha either way just had to vent.

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

susan, your post is exactly how i feel, i try to laugh things off about myself but after 8yrs it doesn't always work. This morning for instance i was in a hurry to get to work and couldn't find my watch which i always put in the same place, i looked everywhere then decided i had to get to work. i got into work and looked what time it was on the WATCH on my wrist WHATS GOING ON WITH MY BRAIN i have no recollection of putting it on. Now i want to punch someone.

Your post has cheered me up with your humour

sending you a big hug ( not punch) x

• Posted

Thank you ladies for all of your responses and letting me vent, I was feeling very angry that day. We are all struggling so much. Ive never considered myself weak until these past couple years, theres just sooo many symptoms all at once everyday its beyond frightening to feel this and not be diagnosed with a disease, not that i want to be of course. All we can do is hang in there and hope for better days whenever that may be ❤

• Posted

I am really struggling at the moment and finding it hard to keep soldiering on . I have had 6 days of bleeding this month , where as my last period I only bled for 2 days and had three weeks in between cycles . Since before my period started I have felt poorly and still do . I can only explain it as feeling its a cross between flu and a tummy bug . I also get this weird feeling that goes up through my legs and a dizziness in my head that makes me feel like I am going to pass out . I recently went back to my doctor again , had more blood tests and was told that I was anaemic . The doctor seemed surprised that I was still experiencing heavy periods at 52 . Surely this is not unusual and I have been backwards and forwards to the surgery for the past 4 years with different symptoms that they have said are normal for my age . I am finding it hard as my symptoms had eased , but this period has been awful with cramps , nausea which I still have , a headache that keeps hanging on and a churning stomach . Does this all sound normal . All my family think I'm a hypocondiac

• Posted

sorry you feel so ill..i had some symtoms two years post after my periods stopped at 42..hypochondria is another word for health anxiety..i think coz the body is changing dramatically and our senses are heightened anyway we become more aware of our bodies were as probably before we was not..its hard and can be frightening..i had vertigo for a year when i was 43..and its gone now..i think the stress our bodies are under physically is what causes a ll the emotional and mind issues...its like a metamorphis and we have been changing all our lifes through puberty pregnancy menopause..we are all truly amazing if you think about it and this change will eventually be complete like all the other transitions we went through ♥️♥️♥️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.