overactive thyroid help

Posted , 18 users are following.

hello

i was admitted to hospital 3 weeks ago because my heart was racing,they took blood test and a ecg and sent me home the next morning saying i had had a panic attack.

a couple of hours later my doctor rang me to say they had sent me home before they had my blood results and there showing my thyroid is overactive so he started me on 20mg of carbimazole a day and 20 mg of propanalol 3 times a day. i knew nothing about overactive thyroid and i myself just thought i was having dizzy spells and panic attacks.

after 2 weeks my doctor did a blood test and my results are t3 - 9.3 t4 - 41 and my tsh is 0.1,

i dont know what my first results from the hospital were . is two weeks into medication to early for another blood test?my doctor as increased my medication to 40mg of carbimasolel a day and 40mg of propranolol 4 times a day. i am booked in to a endocrinology in a weeks time.

can anyone tell me when you stat to feel better?

i have no energy to do anything and just sleep most of the day.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, sorry to rehash an old thread.

I had bloods done which showed over active thyroid (32.7). I was prescribed carbimazole 15 mg daily by my GP as the wait to see an endocrinologist is 2 months. I took them for 4 days and felt awful!! Extreme fatigue, constantly hot,Swollen hands, feet, shaky and full of anxiety. Previously the only symptoms I had were fatigue and a swollen neck. I stopped the tablets and now I am falling to sleep any given time, im buring up and my heart is racing.

I don't know what to do for the best! My GP said I should take 5mg daily and see how that goes. I really haven't a clue what to do.

Is anybody able to help me please.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.