Overcoming depression and anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I have been reading posts here for a while and comment on some. Today I just wanted to write about what I feel. Im 39 and year ago started having a lot of stress in my personal life. Then I noticed that I could not remember something that I have done myself at work. After that day it has been a long ride down. A strong headache started, high blood presure and vision problems. I continued with all my activities but everyday noticing how all my simpthoms were getting worst. The memory problems continued getting worse in months to the point where now I cant remember well what happened this very same day. Lost my job, a lot of problems with family. The perfect designed life for years is gone. Now only keep myself looking for clues of what could have happened. Seen a lot of doctors and nothing, tried a couple of antidepresant and only side efects. Now Im really tired. No memory, the headache is at a point where I dont think a human can manage, vision is terrible, once a very good computer programer, now very dificult to help my daugther with her 4th grade homework. I wonder if this will ever improve or at least how fast it will take what is left of me...

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Casiodss

i am sorry you are having such a bad time, I am having memory problems too. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I AM 41 AND HAVE GONE THROUGH SOMETHING SIMILAR SINCE 5 WEEKS AGO. The memory loss is common apparently. This may be a good thing considering the excessive thoughts thwt are goung through our minds at the moment
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, Casiodss:  I'm so sorry that you are going through so much anxiety.  You didn't say how long you were on your antidepressant medication.  This is very important to remember...You probablyhave a chemical imbalance in the brain, meaning that you lack serotonen..When you start on medication there will be side effects, but you must allow at least three weeks for the medication to get into your system...If you get off it because of the side effects you will only make your condition worse.  If after the three weeks you don't see any improvement, let your doctor know, and he/she can put you on a different kind.  You also may need an anti-anxiety medication such as Xanax to calm you down.  I've been through all of this...I am 67 years old, and I've suffered with depression/anxiety my whole life.  For the last 20 yrs. or so I am been almost free of anxiety/depression because my doctor worked with me to get the right combination of meds to work together.  Memory loss is a definite sign of both....I hope this helps, sweetie...Good luck..
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you literally can't remember anything, you need to contact your GP urgently, and stress that your daughter may be at risk due to the amount of pain you are in. Your dr may refer to the on call social worker as obviously there is something seriously not right here.j
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you looked into early onset Alzheimer's?? You need to treat the core of the problem. Sounds like the antidepressants are masking whatever is really going on. I would go to an eye doctor as well you may have something going on with your vision and maybe see another doctor for your brain. Have you checked for a brain tumor? I believe any of those things can be causing all your symptoms. Find the root cause.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi all, thanks for all your help. I had an MRI and it was normal, checked with another neurologist and same, no tumors no signs of illness. Had a neuro_ psy test and showed that my working memory is afected probably due to depression. I am currently taking amytriptiline for 3 months now. Of course Im also worried about dementia but doctors said I was too young and it will be less probable. Most probable is the quemical imbalance. Or at least thats what I hope it is, no sense to worry too much about dementia as I will have nothing to do about it.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up