Overdone it and anxiety is through the roof!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had to go in to town on the train today for an appointment. My Mum came with me but my anxiety was through the roof the whole 5 hours I was out. Now I'm home and I've just had a huge panic attack! I'm terrified that pushing myself to tolerate the anxiety for so many hours (I'm agoraphobic) has caused me permanent damage! It was so intense I can't imagine how I can survive feeling like this!

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

It'll all be ok just breath and get some rest hopefully you feel better.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

There's no permanent damage that's been caused, you just need to believe in yourself... smile

You even said it yourself, you achieved five hours out and although you feel as though you're having a breakdown now, you didn't whilst you were out...

You've achieved great things today, you should be proud of yourself...

The attack won't last forever but you can take away what you achieved today... smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, have you tried rescue? X
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The main thing is you went........you could have easily said no and stayed at home but you didn't which shows real strength.  It may have been horrible but if you keep persevering hopefully things will get easier.  Stop focussing on the negative part the panic but focus on the positives you went out and challenged the panic ☺️
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You managed 5 hours that's really good!

Just think of it like dieting: you did well, then had a relapse, but tomorrow is another day to try again. Only this time, don't bite off so much!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up