Overdose on zoloft and xanax.?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been struggling with depression for a long time, which was triggered by a death of a family member. My doctor put me on zoloft about a week ago. A couple days ago I split with my partner of 2 years, and being extremely sad and almost suicidal I took 17x50 mg zoloft tablets + 5x25 mg xanax tablets and about 2 bottles of wine. I didn't pass out or anything, I couldn't fall asleep for a long long time, and now I'm having terrible headaches. Should I see my doctor?

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

with all due respect, i think you should dail 999
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I totally agree with Michael,ring 999 and explain what you've done

Youl recieve the care that you need as overdosing sometimes has a lasting effect

Please ring them xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh my goodness, I couldn't agree with the other posters more. I hope you have followed their advice. Don't wait. You need to get checked out at a hospital asap.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You owe it yourself to see a professional , and seek proper help ,
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Not good Marta, your in a deep dark place right now get help urgently all the best xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Ok, well you might get some overdose symptoms, but honestly I dont think you would die. I have done some research into this. You are probably alright - thank goodness, - but as the other posts recommend, go to an ER/A & E department and tell them exactly what you have taken.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up