Overeating after quit smoking

Posted , 7 users are following.

Before I quit smoking I weighed in at 130 pounds. Since I quit, I've gained 32 pounds. I have never eaten so much junk in my life. Sometimes I'm not even Hungry, just bored and I eat. I am eating more chocolate then usual. I cannot seem to have the self control to stop. I need help. I haven't exercised either (I used to all the time) but since I quit I've had a lot of shortness of breath and it has freaked me out to the point of being afraid to workout. Please help me. I need advice. I'm tired of gaining weight and being depressed.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well done!! You should be proud of yourself for quitting.
  • Posted

To get a better idea of the fat gain scenario and other myths about smoking.

kindly refer this article 

http://kwikmint.in/blog/myth-busters-about-smoking

• Posted

Hi Tamara I hope you have managed to stay quit, I don't get on as often as I would like but I thought I would give you a thumbs up, yes sadly weight gain can be a side effect of quitting smoking, I was like you ate for England, anything and everything LOL I lumped the weight on and for a while had the feeling of being short of breath, I eventually went dr's and it turned out my breathing was fine just my anxiety was making me tense and I was overbreathing, I got myself to the gym and until my accident I was swimming and using the gym nearly every day now sadly I can't but just about thinking of starting swimming again, let us know how you are getting on now

• Posted

This is the problem of all ex-smokers. Some time will pass and the appetite will decrease. Go in for sports.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.