Overheating all the time?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am getting way too hot all the time, and I can't take it anymore!

I am 24 yrs old and a walking furnace. I have an absolute intolerance to heat because I get so overheated so easily. As I type this I'm in shorts, a tank top, and a light shrug, and I'm burning up. The rest of my coworkers are either fine, or a little cold. I am so hot I'm sweating and getting hot flashes through my body. 

This is a normal occurrence for me. I am consistently too hot and get to the point I either sweat excessively to try and cool down, or I have to put ice on my face/neck to try and get some relief. I love cold weather - I will happily wear shorts and a tank top when it's snowing, because at least I know I won't get too hot. 

My body is often cool to the touch - my boyfriend always makes a note to tell me this when I'm burning up - but the palms of my hands are very warm constantly. I put my hands on my arms and that's enough to overheat me. I'm not kidding when I say they're crazy hot to the touch. I cannot hold onto ice cream/chocolate/ice cubes/ANYTHING meltable (even freaking scentsy wax blocks) because it melts in minutes (ice cream usually melts within seconds of me touching it). 

I cannot stand wearing long sleeves/coats because I will undoubtedly be too hot, even in the dead of winter. I cannot stand being this hot all the time. I believed it might be hyperthyroidism or something along those lines, except I don't have an issue with weight LOSS - I have an issue with weight GAIN. Which I'm sure adds to me being too hot. 

Any ideas? Anyone else deal with this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I feel it should not be a source of worry to you. i have seen some people feeling more cold or more heat but should not be a source of worry to you. Anyway you may consult a Doc when it is too uncomfortable just to satisfy you.
  • Posted

Have you had your thyroid checked?  You need blood work and other tests. I had my thyroid taken out because of goiters! I have to take thyroid meds in place of my thyroid!  I get hot most of the time too and sweat a lot. Then I get cold! In summer and winter! Sometimes I'll put my fans on in winter! And I wear tee shirts in winter. Short sleeves! So, I can understand what you're going thru.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.