overnight erection

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I have overnight errection that bother me a lot. Whenever It happens, I automatically wake up and after a 1-2 minutes it goes away. Unfortunatly, it back again. This problem happens mostly in the mornings and during the day, I am tired and sleepy and feel nervous etc.

I am trying to solve it with naturally remedies. I have found out that if I eat foods such as peanut butter and nutella the night before, it happens less and some foods such as lentiles and pine apple make it worse. 

Does anyone have this problem? Any suggestion?

I am not a health person; siezure problem.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If it's only happening once or twice a night, then it doesn't really sound like a problem, though it's unusual that it would wake you up.  Most young men have nocturnal erections without waking up.  I don't think the foods you eat the night before wlil make much difference.  Some questions - how old are you, and how often (if at all) do you masturbate?

• Posted

Didn't you know this is normal and good for the health of your penis? Alll men have this but it doesn't bother us - instead it is a reasssurance that everything is working well. Get some help with your anxiety rather than try to stop the erections!

• Posted

Hello :-)

Having noctural errections is normal and happens during your REM sleep, which is the part of your sleep when dreaming is possible and you're just lightly asleep. Since this is the part of sleep when you're not heavily sleeping, the errections may wake you up. The brain activates this and is normal. Some experience errections during sleep more frequently than others. Errections during day is rather common to. Wearing clothes that would hide a sudden errection might be smart. Regular sex might give some release too. Alcohol, coffein etc. interrupts the sleep and might wake you up more frequently during night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.