Oversleeping

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since upping to 30mg just under 2 weeks ago have never slept so much. Was fine at the weekend and not gone into work today as had repeated nightmares and now slept all day. Is the normal and will it ease? Not sure if body relaxing.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky sorry you are so tired. I do feel like that a lot of the time. Now on hols with drunks etc even more difficult just go to bed early and get as much rest as possible . When your tired catch a now of you can, hard if working I am retired so no problems. Good luck .pat
  • Posted

hi becky it's such a rollercoaster isn't it - it's hard to give any definite answers (i've noticed even the doctors often just give a best guess!)

perhaps if you can give it a couple more weeks, maybe you will adjust and be ok,  or if not, it could mean that you are taking too much which is overstimulating you - perhaps you are unsuited to this med once you go above a certain dose  (for example, with myself i found that with the med sertraline, if i went to 100mg it affected my sleep too much, but at doses below 100mg it didnt work effectively for me, so i had to give up on sertraline (i gave it a good 6 months though, which wasn't easy but anyway..)

so now im on 20mg citalopram, few weeks in, hoping it works (im at the horrendous anxiety in the morning stage!)  rolleyes

• Posted

It is so hard to know as I was doing better last week and not sure if beta blockers make it better or worse. I hope you feel better soon smile
    • Posted

have you tried something like clonazepam for the anxiety, perhaps if you dont get on well with the beta blockers
    • Posted

yes, i believe they are all similar,  the meds like:  diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.