Overthinking and anxiety attacks

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm 19 in a relationship and I have suffered from depression and anxiety for 10 years currently on matrazapine 30mg a night but lately I have been getting really bad anxiety attacks and I have been questioning everything my partner does I have even turned up to where she was in invited because I thought she was lying to me. I don't want to over think everything like I do but it as if I'm stuck in a horrible cycle and I dunno what to do anymore I don't believe anything any one or anything I have cut my self of from everyone and just feeing lost and broken constantly like I don't want to say anything to anyone because I don't want to waste there time and I feel worthless all day everyday like I can't do anything right

4 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

Mirtazapine has a habit of pooping out (stops working)

I was on 45mg for 6 years then in December the anxiety hit me hard then my mood went down.

I have been taken off it and put on another AD

There are some people on this site evergreen and calmer and they both know a lot about mirt.

My advice would be to go to your doctorscool

• Posted

I went to the doctors but they just said keep taking them but I have noticed while I have been on them my anxiety has got worse. They have played around with my dose but that's all I said I wanted something different but they won't
  • Posted

Hi Callum.

First of all stop being so hard on yourself. You say that you have been suffering from depression and anxiety since you were 9 years old, now if you think back to what caused it in the first place, then you might find your answer to why your feeling insecure and worthless right now. For instance, did your parents split up or were you lied to and felt abandoned at any time in your life that is playing on your mind somewhere in the back of your subconscious? This can trigger anxiety/panic attack especially when your feeling depressed. Try not to take it out on your girlfriend as that's going to freak her out too! Best advice from me is to work on your self confidence and watch motivational videos on you tube (Ted Talks are good).Get your mind in a happy place and dont dwell on the negative thoughts as they can keep you in that depressive state of mind. You have made the first move to self help by reaching out here so just take one step at a time and you surely will begin to love yourself more by concentrating on YOU. Believe me you will start to feel better and stronger everyday it worked for me!

Linda

• Posted

The only problem is I have thought back countless times and I know where my problems originate from and I go to counciling and take my tablets but no matter what I do I feel like I can't win I try been positive but It doesn't stop the negative thoughts I don't mean to take it out on my partner but I'm always questioning everything and I don't know why. No matter what I do the negative thoughts stay there it's like I'm just overlaying negative with positive but negative always wins
  • Posted

do you have a therapist or a counsellor or anything else?
    • Posted

Yeah but she dosnt really help I told her everything about everything and don't really know where I stand with her she dosnt really help sad
    • Posted

I have been told that I'm not stable enough for cbt rolleyes
    • Posted

CBT is known for being very helpful, have you gotten a second opinion?
    • Posted

Hi Callum

​A counsellor actually told you your not stable enough for CBT. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Go to a different counsellor immediately CBT and NLP are both specifically designed with your issues in mind. I agree with Linda. Don't be so hard on yourself, your trying to deal with an "invisible illness" I also take 15mg of mirtazipine, i was on 30 but i started having horrific nightmares. I also take 100mg of sertraline in the mornings and no longer suffer sleep disturbances. Best bet go to your DR, re medication review ask about a group of anti d's called SSRI or SNRI,  Sertraline (Zoloft), Citalopram, venlafaxine (effexor)fluextine (prozac)get a different counsellor. ​That counsellor is just wrong no if and's or but's about it. Have you asked about seperation anxiety? Linda is asking some very good questions (she beat me to them) I'm more than happy to be an ear to shout in if you need to mate your not alone, but get a counsellor that knows what they're talking about. CBT worked wonders for me. It's just talking therpy nothing scary and look for the similarities in group sessions, think you'll be surprised.

• Posted

I have been to the doctors a few times but they won't change my meds any more they just keep telling me to stay on them. What is separation anxiety ?
    • Posted

anxiety provoked in a young child by separation or the threat of separation from its mother or main carer. It's not uncommon for this to continue into adulthood, particulary if there was a truma, or continued neglect during your childhood years. In adulthood this can then be transfered ( it's called transference, and it's something we all do, often without being conscience of it) onto a partner or another person you care for. You say you know the origin of your troubles (technically called intrusive thoughts) and importantly you mention "I have thought back countless times" This would suggest unresolved issues, resulting in those intrusive thoughts. How long you have you been on the Mitazipine? it's highly possible that your body is used to the active metabolites.Mitazipine is a tetracylic anti d. Ask your Dr about SSRI or SNRI class of anti d's. Sertraline (zoloft) venlafaxine (effexor) Citalopram (celexa) fluxetine (prozac) I am not a DR myself, but I learned the hard way (like you) I would suggest you print out this thread and take it with you to your next appoinment. Also get a second opinion, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.  

• Posted

That would really explain a hell of a lot thank you I think I may finally be onto something
    • Posted

knowledge is power my friend. Journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step. You'll get there mate. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.