Overwhelmed with stress

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello Ladies !

My last period was 9 months ago, and I have suffered from hot flushes etc,so have tried vitamin B ,magnesium and I suppose the flushes I can cope with, but the anxiety and brain fog is another matter.

Saw my GP and she prescribed anti depressants but have tried to steer clear of these,but the moment stress hits my life,I totally fall apart !

I am 52 years of age and some would say a successful business woman but I do not recognise the person in the mirror and I am concerned that work will start to see my failings and things will start getting tough for me ?

I cannot remember stuff, get tearful very easily ,  that in my forties I would have seen as a challenge I just want to hand my notice in at work and stay in bed.

I suppose what I am asking is ...am I alone, will this get better ?

Feel better just writing this down but this is so not me.

xxxxxxx

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear this, you are not alone I am 46 and all these things started back in February and I want to stay in bed all the time also and not work, I too take an anti depressant but does not help they used to help me a lot but since peri menapause nothing seems to help, sorrysad
    • Posted

Ah but thank you for coming back to me,I really appreciate it. My desire for a magic pill is foolish , but despite working with women I find we do not talk about the menopause, it;s as if it is a secret and by showing our hand we are failing as human beings ?Thank goodness for this website xxxxxx
  • Posted

Hi regional

i am 47 and in the same boat with anxieties i had to stop me nurontin because of how tired i was and i had to stop my hrts because of the bleeding it caused me. While i was bleeding at the end of July i felt weak anxious and tired and not in to it 

I am just taking my ativan, up to 3 mgs trazodone 50mgs losartan for blood pressure and i asked my doctor to add amlodipine 2.5mg to help with blood pressure 

I am also taking vitamin d3 a multivitamin my levothyroxine and my metformin and my famotidine due to Gerd 

Have been having trouble sleeping don't know what to do 

Sick of all these meds 

• Posted

Hi, yes I used to be on mess of all kinds including nurontin also it was horrible! I only take Cymbalta now for panic and anxiety have been on it for 13 years tried to go off of it several times to switch to something new but nothing has worked I think the Cymbalta has just pooped out but the side effects off tapering off of it are horrendous!!!
  • Posted

I've been posting under knee problems, latest one entitled "and now I'm depressed". I only updated it earlier this evening, so can I suggest you take a look......it takes me ages to type it when I'm using my phone.....I've been a touch typist for 40 years, but have to type with one finger on phone lol! I too am a bit averse to taking antidepressants! Who'd be a woman? 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you feel like this, you are not alone. No i don't think there is a magic pill to take it all away. I have had different menopausal symptoms which come and go. It hasn't been quite what i expected, i thought it would be a walk in the park like my pregnancies were! I was in peri but now in surgical menopause. Everything seemed ok for the first five weeks and they boy did i have raging mood swing, my husband wondered what had hit him! I think this site is great where you can read about otherbwomen
    • Posted

Crikey Pinkcatfairy....I am 5 weeks post hyster, and just having the sweats....so hope more isn't just around the corner. Was hoping to fly under the meno radar! All the best to you. x
    • Posted

Thanks Vauxhall girl, I seem a little more calm now, I haven't killed the husband yet lol x
  • Posted

Women going through the same thing. Im going to take myself off swimming tomorrow to hopefully help myself keep calmand relaxed! Yes i had the brain fog, that seemed to come and go. It is hard to have to deal with these symptoms especially if you are juggling it with work x
  • Posted

Hi, how are you? do hope you're feeling ok. This whole peri business can be so damn rough! I know how you feel...I've had good days where I think "have I finally made it" then all the crappy feelings start again...heady, woozy, BP spikes just feeling really weird n off(I've had a mixed bag of symptoms the last 18mths 😥) my last period was a year ago, I'm 55 & still waiting for normality to come back. I'm not on HRT but take natural herbal menopause tablets which I think are slowly helping but just wish everything would settle. I used to take Bcomplex tabs but stopped them as they'd were aggravating my anxiety...sometimes in some people they can as they can possibly have a stimulatory effect...I now have malt extract with my brekky everyday, is a yummy natural way of getting B's etc. 

Take Care, take each day as it comes. Sending hugs xo

• Posted

Hi Bobbins where do you get malt extract from and what does it do for you I can relate to your symptoms the whoozy head off balance and an overall weired feeling which just comes over you from no where in my arms  it's like anxiety rush. I don't know if it's off medication  what I take as I now have atrial  fribullation. At the moment I'm also suffering bad hayfever which has in turn given me blocked sinuses and ear, sound like a right hypochondiriac but going through bit of a bad spell at moment. I have never put some of these symptoms down to menopause but reading most posts I think this contributes to it.
    • Posted

Yes Glitter babe, I have recently developed allergies (horrendous), I had to go home from work last week, eyes streaming, nose and ears and head blocked, I felt just awful. My eyes swell up and I look like a piggy eek

But tonight I have one of the old symtoms (returned) it's too wierd, like a creeping sensation under my skin, under the skin on my arms and my head feels light, it comes in waves, I know this is meno, I am such a postive person but I have to say that this has been the worst time in my life (really)

I mean just how is a person supposed to continue working with all these things going on cry

and I feel like such a hypochondriac talking with GP's and others who may not have experienced the worst symtoms of the change themselves

I've had !. the fog, 2. hot flushes 3. allergies 4. exhaustion 5. thinning hair 6. weight gain, 7. wierd sensations (creeping under skin 8. pruritus and dry skin, 9.insomnia 10. over emotional tearful and others I may have forgotten because the effect has gone away for a bit

I UNDERSTAND AND CAN ONLY SAY HOW SORRY I FEEL IF YOU are experiencing the menopause like this rolleyes

Nite all xxx

• Posted

I agree with you i have had allergies, colds, nose bleeds, tiredness, dry skin, feeling hot, insomnia at times, emotional crying, yelling, foggy head, feeling off balance, being hot than cold, anxieties, blood pressure issues, 

I just want it to go away so i can be normal again 

• Posted

Yep I have all of those also except the nose bleeds, lord please don't let me add another problem to the list, not sure I can take much moresad
    • Posted

Hi Glitzy, do hope you're doing ok. I live in Oz & buy my malt(1kg tin) at the local supermarket, health shops might also sell it. Is made from malted barley, a good source of B vitamins & is a general pick-me-up tonic. Malt can be added to cereal...stirred through porridge/oatmeal... milk, icecream etc & used in baking or just eaten as is from the tin 😛 & tastes great, it's a thick consistency similar to honey.  Hope you can buy it where you are.

Take Care & hope you're feeling better. Sending hugs

• Posted

Wow thank you for your post.....that is exactly how I am feeling...great one minute,so down the next, makes life very difficult to plan

xxxxxxxx

• Posted

hi susan you say you have had the nosebleeds.....im finding its not the most popular sympton ......mine have been horrific..on and off all year...been in hospital 3 times hun......how have you coped with yours as i feel thats been one of the worst things to happen......the anxiety awful....blood pressure ...yes on beta blockers........the list never ends does it....x

• Posted

Thanks Mrs Mern I suppose you have to laugh when you see all of our symptoms or we would just cry all of the time. Do you live in England as well makes you wonder how we all have same symptoms I feel worse today blocked nose and ear feel like I can't breath but docs just keep saying take the hayfever tablets lol. Oh and the antibiotics. Next time I'm coming back as a man ha ha xx
    • Posted

Hi Bobbins thanks for that information I will try and get some at the health store sounds really nice I think you would try anything if it does the trick. So you live in Oz very nice I live in England weather not so good mind you we've had a good Summer only thing is its gave me all of these allergies not had them in years ha ha. Take care keep smiling xx
    • Posted

Hi how are you? hope you were able to get the malt, try supermarkets as well...enjoy 😋 our weather here has been freezing which doesn't help the achy bones lol, roll on summer & then tourists will start flocking in their thousands,,,,sigh, can't win LoL 

Take Care, keep well xo

• Posted

Hi Bobbins I'm feeling a bit better today it's 10 30 pm here what time is it in Oz. Going to shop tomorrow to get some malt  I know what you mean about achy bones and joints I'm only in my 50s but feel like a 100 when I get out of bed lol.  I've decided  to keep positive so tomorrow I will wake up refreshed invigorated ha ha watch this space. Look after the tourists lol xx
    • Posted

Hi, is a cold dismal looking Wed. morning here 8:30am. I'm not feeling totally great at the mo, bit hot n woozy heady OMG!  when will it all end😖 was going to say funny in the head but I've been funny in the head for years....as I sometimes say 'madness is hereditary, I got it from my kids' LoL my weird humour seems to be the only thing that menopause hasn't devoured! LoL

Take Care xo

• Posted

Good morning well my positivity didn't last got up ok took dog out went to shop then bang overwhelming feeling again bit nervy and the dreaded blocked nose and ear and woozy head yip when is this going to stop. I'm being told its hay fever but omg sick of it I always feel better when I sit down gather my thoughts and come on this blog lol . Well let's hope I have a good day at work then off to hairdresser life ain't so bad after all ha ha. Hope your feeling better too. Xx
    • Posted

Hello Glitter bug

cheesygrin just been to docs to get some stuff for my blocked nose and streaming eyes. Just hope it helps, back on the HRT too

Hope your hair turns out nice hun

Mrs Msmile

• Posted

Hello just got back from hairdressers luv it I always get 2 colours brown and silvery blinds got an inch or two off as well anything to make you look younger ha ha suppose a facelift is out lol. hope your stuff works for your blocked nose cannot remember did I ask you when you've got your blocked nose and cannot breath does the top of your head feel,like someone is sitting on it my doc said its all pressure from my sinuses I still feel like heads under water tho. Woe is me ha ha. A glass of wine tonight should help the job. Have a good night xx
    • Posted

you know Glitsy I really think I've become allergic to wine rolleyes

enjoy yours though hun

wink MM

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.