Overwhelming worry

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just wanted to know if anyone else gets a similar feeling...I've started to become constantly anxious were I can't sleep, I have heart palpitations, sweating & my mind is racing when I feel like this I worry that it's because I don't want to be with my husband any more even though a couple of hours ago I felt fine we were laughing and joking and talking about our future. The reason I worry about this is because with a previous partner I had 'gut feelings' & new our relationship was over & now I'm panicking that this is the same although it doesn't feel the same in the sense that this is making me ill, I know I love him & want to be with him but this overwhelming fear comes over me. I just want to know if anyone else has had anything similar, I'm fed up of this feeling I don't feel like me & i know I'm withdrawn from him. I think I'm focussing on worst case scenario & it hightens my anxiety.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen, just remember that when you are in an anxious state you must sort yourself out and not feed any of the negative thoughts you are having. Might be good to talk to a professional? Hope you can feel better soon
    • Posted

Thanks Liam, I am definitely feeding them but they keep playing like a broken record in my head & my stomach is in a state. I am going to book in to see my GP, the anxiety kicks in for no reason & when I'm really bad I can't work myself back down from it, like now (it's 2am & my body is on over time). 😢😩
  • Posted

Jennifer - firstly speak with your other half? Cant stress the importance of communication.

Secondly - when you are getting anxious whats the actual thoughts? Is it random or is it confined to the partner issues?

• Posted

Anxiety loves fear so the more stressed you are the higher the anxiety levels.

Consider CBT it teaches you how to cope

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

It's either that or work but I don't have any of these worries when I'm not anxious, I feel it coming on,it effects my stomach & then all night I'm bogged down with these thoughts I can't sleep or concentrate on anything else so breathing & talking myself down doesn't happen. It takes about 10 hours for me to calm down & start relaxing even with Propranolol 80mg. I definitely need some coping strategies & to figure out why I keep getting these irrational thoughts. CBT would help I think. A GP appointment is a must. My partner very good we can talk & he also knows to give me space.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi! I've felt and continue to feel that way about my current partner. If you can, see a therapist who can coach you and teach you a CBT. Sometimes, my mind does wander and goes to worst case scenarios now as well but you have to pause and really argue with your mind. Has he done anything that provides real evidence that those bad things will happen? Also, communicate with him if he doesn't already know about your past and when you start feeling like you want to withdraw from him. Like I said, I still go through moments like that and I've been with my current partner for nearly two years (that's a long time for me lol). It's was definitely a terrifying feeling when I first realized how strongly I felt for him and I'd cry and feel paralyzed because I was scared but as soon as I discussed it with him, it was easier to let my walls down. I still talk to him about it when I go through those moments (sometimes provoked and sometimes unprovoked).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.