PAE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had it done now a year later and my prostrate has shrunk from 60 to much less any other stories i would love to hear from any of you who had it done mine was dine in Tampa Florida

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Just over 5 years after mine and unfortunately it has deteriorated so I'm now back to increased nightly visits. Daytime is still OK, as long as I don't drink much, but any large quantities of fluid means frequent visits. The variability has always been an annoyance but it is now clearly worse. I have looked into Aquablation and I'm on a waiting list for later in the year. Covid-19 has now cast a shadow over this so who knows. The surgeon scheduled to do the operation said that PAE is a bit of a punt, works for some but not others. He even said that he thought some of the "improvement" was placebo. Not convinced of the latter but would have to say at best PAE bought me time till now.

In the end it is the diameter of the urether that counts and PAE just can't guarantee that you will get that. Of the "turp" style operations I'm convinced that the, admittedly early, data surrounding the procedure is really encouraging.

I don't regret the PAE, as I say it bought time, but for me at least something that deals with opening up the urether is the way to go now.

Good luck, I hope for you it turns out to be the best option.

• Posted

Exactly the same for me. My PAE was 3.5 years ago. Not having pain now but prostate still growing which they do. Are you going for a Turp laser?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.