PAE Day+2....... need your help

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello everyone,

PAE done 2 days ago. (with the most experienced team in FRANCE)

95g prostate weight

psa went from 9 (pre procedure) jumped to 180 (post procedure) 1 day after the procedure.

pain on prostatic zone 8/10

pain low bladders 5/10

miction become very difficult (worst than bofore the procedure.

did you experiment these symptoms please?

mostly commun symptoms?

i am very worry and your comments would be extremly helpful

great thanks in advance.

have a good day

Vincent

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had it done three times so I hope I can offer you some of my experience. 2 days out and the issues you describe are not unusual.

With my first PAE I had the same difficulty urinating and pain the first night. I was given naprosin as an anti inflammatory and pain medications that helped a lot. I read of other's experience that had pain for as many a five days after. I also had discoloration in semen for a couple of weeks. I saw a noticeable improvement in urination within a few days. Not enough to get off the Flomax though.

After my second PAE I had very little discomfort but also very little relief of my symptoms.

I had my third two months ago and had considerable pain like you described with some bleeding in the urine. I had may more medications (anti inflammatories, pain relievers and prednisone) After a week and a half the discomfort and pain resolved and I saw a very pronounced improvement in the stream.

Hope that helps. Good luck,

Bruce

• Posted

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply.

According to your (3 PAE), you should be indeed the most experienced patient in this matter.

Your contribution by answering to me is extremly helpful!!!!

Thank you again Bruce.

kindest regards,

Vincent

• Posted

I had mine yesterday, I'm still on tamsulosin and also taking Naproxen since the procedure. Right now, starting a stream is the most uncomfortable. My frequency has spiked, I haven't slept for more than an hour at a time. I have stronger pain pills but haven't resorted to them yet, I don't think I will need to. Not that it doesn't hurt, but not enough for me to take the Opioids. I'm hoping that things just keep improving. -Dale

• Posted

HI Dale,

everything should improve in a couple of days.

this is what happend to me, the same symptoms.

But unfortuntely, I did not have the drugs needed for post PAE, and suffered strongly during 2 or 3 days.

hope you will get better soon

vincent

• Posted

Yes, I am continuing to improve. It's been 36 hours since I left the medical center and I was able to sleep ~3 hours at a time. I am feeling quite a bit better than yesterday morning. I was actually a bit amazed at how much my bladder was holding when I woke up around 3 AM. But I was pretty tired with only getting ~3 hours of sleep the 1st night. 2nd night I slept ~7 hours, more than I usually get (lately 5 or 6).

• Posted

Hi Vincent

please send me the details of the team that carried out the PAE in Paris by direct message. how much did it cost you? what other preparatory did they carry out? how are you progressing now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.