pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi friends sorry for moaning I'm in really bad pain tonight round my toes and really hard skin round my scares what can I take 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear it's hurting so much. Are your feet mega elevated? I find 7 pillows makes a huge difference without resorting to the painkillers.

That and a decent film or book to take my mind off it.

Hope it gets better soon

• Posted

Good suggestion about elevating feet. What you can take medicine wise obviously depends on what you have already taken. Paracetomol have been my saving grace as I can't take Ibruprofen at the moment but in normal circumstances that would be my first choice. Sorry, nothing there that you probably didn't already know! Hope that you are already feeling so e improvement. Have you done more than usual today? 
  • Posted

I have been using ibuprofen and then paracetamol an hour after the ibuprofen. Elevating them works too.
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

you can take codeine or ibuprofen and paracetamol together. Yeh the elevating does help too. Hope you feel better soon.sad

• Posted

Soaking your feet in warm water with some salt in also helps. Then after you've dried them massaging them with some sort of oil really helps to soften the skin. I've been using olive oil.
    • Posted

Thankyou everyone iv been talking co codamol I can't soak my feet yet till I get pin out on Monday 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear

Yes elevating and anti inflammatory drugs should help. Re your hard skin this will come off when you are able to soak your feet. Sea salt or Epsom salts are great and bio oil or olive oil to moisturise.

Benefit of the surgery is really soft smooth feet as much if the hard skin I a result of the bunion.

My feet at 5 weeks is incredibly dry and itchy, in part from hard skin flaking off and the nerves healing plus I am prone to dermatitis.

I too had a fair bit of pain last night as I am starting to wiggle my toes more. Every day brings a new challenge in the road to recovery. Hope you feel better soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.