Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else suffered with back pain due to anxiety plz. Xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yep I get lots of pain and aches in my top and lower back. It's horrible xx
  • Posted

Anxiety causes;

changes in posture - due to muscle tension and leaves muscles in uncomfortable positions

Inactivity - cause you're anxious alot of the time you'll sit still thinking about your problems - again I'm awkward positions

Hypersensitivity - when you're anxious pains you'd normally get and shrug off and keep moving now become something of major importance, you'll sit and think about it and try get into comfortable positions to overcome it which puts extra strain on other muscles.

You'll need to do these things, otherwise you'll be stuck in a cycle...

Stretch.

Watch your posture

Exercise

Stop avoiding things you'd normally do (hoovering or shopping for instance)

Massage

Sort your mental turmoil out

Last resort - pain killers.

Massage will be good cause it'll get rid of the toxic chemicals anxiety pumps into your muscles. Walking and stretching also helps this.

• Posted

Yes, I feel like when I am stressed or any human is stressed...we tend to tighten up muscles without even realizing it...causing pain and muscle cramping...

Pure example:  The brain is a muscle...and when I get stressed I sometimes get headaches.

• Posted

The brain has no pain receptors in it. It'll be the muscles surrounding your brain
    • Posted

Yes, ok...but the point is our bodies...do react to stress and pain can be a symptom of that stress.

I know when I'm stressed...everything is tight....and causes me pain in various areas....

Even not moving from a couch for a period of time (like the last hour)...is causing pain in my back..because I am "stressing" the muscles...by not moving smile

• Posted

Yes I have pains all the time not.ally legs arms and chest. But I always think and feel something is seriously wrong with me so I don't think that helps any

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.