Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else who had an anterior repair get no pain whatsoever afterwards? All my pain is from the Hysterectomy. I find this strange and the fact that I can't feel any stitches either. I've had a bit of swelling in the last couple of days and a tugging feeling so I'm not sure if the repair is trying to give way, I really hope not.Β 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My pain was from the rectocele repair not from the cystocele which is often the case. A friend of mine was exactly the same. Cystocele repair is mostly less painful or pain free.
  • Posted

I've been lucky. No pain from the anterior, posterior or perineal repair . Must have had an excellent surgeon. Very pleased X
    • Posted

If someone has a lot of pain it doesn't mean they didn't have a good surgeon. I would hate to think someone read your post and thought their pain was because their Urogynaecologist wasn't up to scratch. The most common reasons for having very little or no pain is that the prolapse wasn't very large or the pelvic floor and vulval area is healthy and that's usually found in women who haven't started the menopause or are peri menopausal. Cystocele repairs are less painful than rectocele repairs.
    • Posted

Whoops sorry didn't mean to upset anyone! I'm post menopausal just lucky I guess πŸ˜€ X
    • Posted

You won't have upset anyone Rosiepix and you've been very lucky. Perhaps your consultant went to embroidery classes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    • Posted

πŸ˜‚he was a very lovely man πŸ˜€ X
    • Posted

That probably expains it, I'm peri menopausal and my pelvic floor is quite good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.