Pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies I had an anterior repair 10 days ago seemed to be going ok although I fear I may have done too much. For the last two days I've felt swollen and uncomfortable around the vulval area and have discomfort and twinges around that area and stomach when standing. No bleeding for the last 5 days. Anyone else had similar symptoms

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debra,

Shouldn't be doing anything except rest for first 2 weeks. Your body is telling you you need to rest.

Please take care,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi Debra, After 10 days this is totally normal. the swelling is going down from higher up and the feeling of vulval swelling is the whole area dropping slightly as it heals.

This is really early in your recovery, and the twinges and odd pains are all part of it.

Please take it really easy, for the first two weeks don't even lift anything heavier than a kettle, and no bending or stretching.

Rest with your feet up as much as possible, it's major surgery.

See the pinned post at the top of every page, and read the South Tees info, it will help to know what to expect.

But above all, rest.

• Posted

Thanks Laura think I've overdone it . I haven't done any lifting but I have been bending and lifting, going to spend the day on the couch today

• Posted

Just be careful for a few weeks, they don't tell you how much it takes to recover from this when you leave hospital, it's a slow process.

Catch up on some tv, or reading for a bit😊

• Posted

Debra at 10 days post op you should be resting all the time at least until 15 days post op. I know that doctors don't emphasize how important resting is for a successful op but please take rest as much as you can, hope the pain vanishes soon. Hugs!!!

• Posted

debra I would expect you to have swelling around this time because the swelling and sometimes the pain gets worse around the 10-14th day so don't worry. Rest is very important. If you haven't done so already go to the Genitourinary home page and look at the section titled Useful Resources. You'll find lots of useful, up to date and well researched information, the South Tees information is particularly useful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.