Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have posted here before and had great support, so now need some more!

I am now 8 months post op, laparoscopy for recto, entero and cytocele. At 3 months  I had terrible  pains  in right side of groin which lasted about 10 minutes. Guessed it was stitches letting go and Matron said I was probably correct. However the I have  had the same thing 3 times since then. Last night was the worst yet. Contractions, similar to labour pains, in right side of groin from vagina to rectum, deep inside,really painful, had to take painkiller so I could get back to sleep! Today it just feels bruised. Any ideas anyone?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm 5 months post op for exactly the same surgery & ive had the same kind of pain. Like someone has taken a knife to me. I've been prescribed some cream called ovestin ehich seand ms to have helped. I was in so much pain I couldn't sit down. I hope you get some answers x

• Posted

Thank you, will go and see my doctor and see what he says, before seeing the surgeon, maybe the cream would work for me.
  • Posted

Like you I've had exactly the same problem, I'm waiting for a proctogram as the gynecologist thinks it could be my bowels but I'm also having problems with my bladder still so also seeing a consultant about that next week, I think you should go and have a chat with your Dr , it's 14 mths since my surgery and I can honestly say I'm not much better off xx

• Posted

must admit there have been times when I wish I had never had this done! Only peed my pants occasionally and could always wear a 

pad! Didn't know I had other prolapses. Don't like this pain thing, it's like labour pains and very distressing, husband wanted to call an ambulance but managed to stop him! Will see my doctor next week.

• Posted

I'm on very strong painkillers, I'm struggling at work too, yes totally understand the labour pain , I hope you get some answers, I'm hoping to get some too I've totally had enough, it's starting to get to me now

• Posted

Hi Frances,

I had A&P repairs about 15 months ago. I have had some kind of really bad pain's on and off internally, deep inside and around outer vag...

GP initially put me on topical estriol cream, and re-referred me to consultant who said it was a bit inflamed higher up near vault where scar tissue was but this was to be expected. She said pains where more to do with back pains and should see a physio as nothing to do with repairs.

Must say my repairs are holding up strong and no lower back pain as such anymore but being very careful not to overdo things so am limited in my lifestyle and shifts I can do at work.

The estriol has made a huge difference thickening up my internal walls and have fave me some relief where I have thin tight bits of tissue.

Still waiting for physio refer for back but to be honest didn't agree with back pain and have not had any back pain since scar tissue problem been dealt with.

I no-longer have any dragging feeling or lower pelvic floor throbbing pain, no incontinence issues either. Did gave a chest infection with bad cough and was very worried for a while that I may do permanent damage, however everything seems to be fine just have to be very careful to avoid any down pressure or bring on my feet too long.

Matron explained that all the nerves in the pelvic floor run through the lower spine. So I assume that as the pelvic floor is a highly sensitive area full of nerve endings that any discomfort there will be felt along these nerves. These ops must be a big shock for the pelvic floor area and I would imagine ligaments could be upset too.

Hope this helps some and I hope things get better for you soon.

Phyl x

• Posted

Thanks Phyl, I have had 3 bladder infections as well and am on weekly one dose antibiotics for 6 months. Don't really know what is causing these pains as have been really careful not to lift or strain. Really painful and scary, very like contractions during labour. Will see my doctor and then maybe go back to see the surgeon if things aren't resolved. The 

• Posted

Been quite a few women on the forum with recurring bladder infections, seems to be difficult to match up an antibiotic that works these days.

I occasionally get recurring cystitis and have to drink lots of straight cranberry then tons of water. Only very very occasionally it's so bad I have had to go to GP for antibiotic, so scared they stop working. Must be so difficult to cope. It must be so frustrating when you know it's not anything you are doing yourself, I think that the recurring infections must slow down healing process.

Fingers crossed things start to get better for you soon.

Phyl x sending lots of hugs💕

• Posted

Thanks Phyl. Matron said it was very difficult to avoid recurrent bladder infections. I am just hoping that this once weekly antibiotic for 6 months will do the trick.

I don't want the pain again that I had Monday night, so will see doctor next week to see what he thinks might be causing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.