pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I'm wondering if anyone is having the same feelings as me.I had my gallbladder out in September 2016 it wasn't an easy operation he said I had hundreds have gallstones I had to have a second procedure as 6 gallstones got into my bile duct I was in hospital for a week with all sorts of complications like jaundice high pulse low blood pressure including fiction of 750 list goes on but from Sunday I felt the pain you get with a gallstones once again I also get the feeling when I lie on my side sickly and it feels like a baby turning inside me if you know what I mean mention it to doctors they say it could be old scar tissue but also I have gained a lot of weight on my midriff which won't go even when I'm not eaten hardly anything I even look bloated and it is so uncomfortable anybody experience the same as I am be great to hear from you thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian

I do find lying on my right side quite uncomfortable at times still. I'm four months post open cholecystectomy. I have a ten inch horizontal scar across my midriff and it looks swollen, but it is scar tissue. I've had previous surgery so I know it won't go completely, but it will improve. My surgeon told me to moisturise it. Maybe the scar tissue is the 'weight' you complain of? Also I had to have a liver resection, which was done five weeks after my open cholecystectomy through the same incision so I think my scar tissue is probably quite bad.

I had problems with my appetite- it was one of the first symptoms: I just didn't want to eat, but I'm slowly getting back to normal since the surgeries. So I would have thought you should be able to eat by now.

I've lost weight: 3 stones since September 2016. This is largely due to eating a low fat diet to try and control the pain, also being nil by mouth quite a bit. I still eat mainly low fat as I find too much fat in one go makes me feel bloated, so I do eat smaller meals than I used to.

• Posted

I have had an awful time with it all too.  I had my gallbladder out nearly 4 years ago and it was really badly infected and I nearly died in the surgery.  Then a year or so later I kept being ill again.  Had an operation early last year after becoming very very unwell again and no one knowing that the issue was there.  It was somesort of mass/incomplete first operation.  Now I'm left with 2 hernia's and pain in the area.  Plus I am very bloated.  I need further surgery but I need to build my strength up first after being so ill for so long.  My advice is to keep pursuing it with the medical folk.  You know in yourself whether something is right or not.  Most operations go smoothly and folk recover well.  Unfortunately, as in our situations, when they go wrong, they go horribly wrong.  I can't actually remember the last time I felt 100% well.  But I just focus on the good days and try and be as positive and as happy as I can.  Good luck

• Posted

Being so positive is good. Negativity when you're ill only makes everything seem worse. Hope you get that surgery soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.