Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

its me again ,had TKR  in Feb then 6weeks later MUA .after all this time knee still won't straighten it's painful,I swim  exercise do all what I should do still seeing physio. Now when I walk (I love walking  well I did) the pain is in my knee and hip now so walking is limited, and I wish I could get back to work .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am eight weeks out and hit four weeks I was where you were. I switched physical therapist and boy what a difference. I got my life back.  I'm still in therapy and getting better each day!   What a difference a new therapist madefor me!!!

• Posted

Hi Debbie,can i ask how you go about changing your physio and how do you know who is good and who is not,i have problem with bend had manipulation in july but still struggle but how do i know if physio i use is good.he sits me on couch legs off couch and pushes leg in as far as he can 75 degrees at moment but he said there is more bend there,im having a low day today sorry,
    • Posted

Ask your friends, your surgeon or post something on Facebook.  It's amazing how many people that I never knew had knee replacement.  My my neighbor told me I needed to go to someone else because I was not making any progress with my first pt.   I was clueless and didn't know I could change. Once you decide who you want to change to just call your doctor and have them send orders to your new pt.  I was extremely depressed and upset that this was going to be my new life.  It doesn't!  You have to take care of your own health and push forward.  You can do it!!!

• Posted

Thank's debbie,i see surgeon tomorrow think that's why i'm feeling low today bit worried i'l be back in hospital although i'v never heard of anyone having two MUA, i dont feel i'm getting very far with physio but just thought it was my knee problem i'l certainly do as you say thank you very much and good luck glad you'r seeing the benefit of your new knee gives me some hopebiggrin

• Posted

Keep your head up!  You can do this!!!!  It a lot of work but just keep moving forward!  
  • Posted

Hi lesley,like you i had TKR in feb then MUA 18th july i'm not in much pain never have been but struggle with bend befor MUA i was 50 bend i'm now at 75 with help from physio he say's there's more bend in knee i go to him twice a week,i went back to work two weeks ago just 4 hours a day as i'm on my feet in work and no pain just a bit tired and stiff knee but i ice and elevate when i get home,my thing is i'm back at surgeon tomorrow and i'm so worried he wont be happy with bend i really dont want to go through all this again,my physio says he's happy to keep working with me but to be honest i cant wait to get tomorrow over with as i feel quite low just now,i'm sorry you'r in pain it's no fun and we all want to get back to as normal life as we can get,sorry i'm no help for you just want you to know you'r not alone,good luck with everything.

• Posted

Hi Lesley, sorry you are having some problems.   I am very intrigued to read that you are not in pain, and never have  been.   You must have a good pain to;tolerance, or are you on some super painkiller - I want some, what's your secret?    Janet.

• Posted

Hi janet,vicky here it was me who mentioned no pain lol what i should have said its mostly been my bend iv had problem with still do,iv had my moments with pain but not like some people my worse was in hospital to be honest when both times iv been put on machine to help with bend was bad for me morphine every hour really dont want to go back in,at first i was taking tramadol and naproxen now naproxen and paracetamol but only when needed,good luck hope you'r not in to much pain yourself.vicky.

• Posted

I feel your struggle.  I had tkr the first of May.  I still cannot straighten my leg...it's off about 10 degrees.  I can walk but it's affecting other parts of my body.  The surgeon wanted to do manual manipulation but I'm not letting him do it.  I do water aerobics 3 times a week and have found a sports PT that is massaging my leg.....I'm praying and working diligently to try to straighten it on my own within the next year.  I sincerely hope that you improve so that your life can return to the way you wish it to be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.