Pain after alcohol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I’m 18 and had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago following a bout of acute pancreatis due to gallstones. 

Obviously after the op I waited a while before drinking alcohol. Within the last few months I’ve been going out and drinking. The first time it happened I had very similar back pain, nausea, faintness from when I was ill. I have to admit I had drank a lot 5+ drinks. Since then I’ve decided to drink less but have still experienced back pain. I also feel incredibly achy the next day. 

I’ve had an ultrasound to no avail and have been told there is not much that can be done. I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? Or maybe it is not linked to my op or pancreatis?

Thanks , abi

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

.. first of all... Alcohol pain can be well related to liver.... which is not good at all .. not even mentioning your current condition which is serious on its own.

What is good that in most cases it can be fixed or in another words recoveryis possible. Hopefully.

For what i can see is that alcohol doesnt help you at all... My advise worth every penny is try to adjust your livestyle. Instead of booze maybe do some dancing only. I aint saying to be abstinent for life... But for now completely avoid alcohol untill you fully recover.try to not to stress your body.

And i hope you can dodge the bottle for some time.

Best of luck

• Posted

Abicuffy, please watch what youre doing ive got chronic liver disease through a blood transfusion in the fifties when they were importing blood from abroad, I got this dirty blood from someone ive had to live with it all of my life, ive got cirrhosis now, thanks to this ive got gall bladder polyps, youre not willing to stop drinking especially when youve had a chance to get better through it, ive got to take a liver tablet everyday for the rest of my life because of that dirty blood, I was never a big drinker only what other sensible people drank, ive never touched a drop for over 10 years, and never would again, I think of my health and im 61 now I want to live a while longer, if youre ill through drinking please think before you touch another drop, it costs the nhs to try and look after us please think lass before you take another drop of drink, my sisters an alchoholic ive saw what her lifes been like and is now, im fighting to stay alive she is killing herself I dont understand her she had a great hubby and she has a nice house but the drinks better well best of luck to her as I cant watch her f**k up her life no more or put up with her lies , please think before you start drinking again be careful lass life is so precious and you only get one all the best sweetheart love janicexxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

You might have to stop the alcohol until those symptoms go away. Then it’s going to be trial and error to

Find the amount you can drink without getting symptoms. 

When I had mine out it greatly increased my stomach acid causing constant diarrhea and they had to

Give me a medicine to decrease the stomach acids. 

It does take a while to get back to normal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.