Pain After BM

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get terrible pain low down in the front of my stomach

after a BM . It feels burning, like I'm on fire and very sore .

Anyone else get this ? I don't know if it's my Diverticulitis or

something else. I don't know how to ease it and the more I go

the worse it gets !!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have had that deep burning pain wth diarrhea . It happens with an active flare.
    • Posted

It's not caused by diarrhea , it's after a normal BM .

It's nearly every time, very painful .I don't have to be in a flare to get it .

I can't plan anything because when it starts I'm housebound .

I dread going to the toilet !!

• Posted

That doesn’t sound right at all! Have u had a colonoscopy since these symptoms started?  See a GI doc! If the stools are pencil thin or blood in the stools there may be a stricture or narrowing in the colon.  It is an awful feeling having to be housebound!
    • Posted

I've had a sigmoidoscopy that showed up DD .

Stools not pencil thin , no blood .I'm just thinking of going to A&E

Has my pain meds aren't working .

• Posted

Maybe go to A and E to get it checked out make sure it's not a perforation or anything because your pain seems severe. This is a weird disease and it has many manifestations in my opinion. Wouldn't do any harm to go get checked out. 

• Posted

Definitely if you have been in pain all day go get it checked out may be many different things. ESP u tried pain meds without relief
  • Posted

Hi Linda hope you have gone to A E, as that pain doesn't sound right hope you get it sorted

• Posted

Hi All

I have an appointment at A&E In an hours time .

Dreading going but the pain is bad .

• Posted

You should see a Doctor and have this checked out.
    • Posted

Hi I saw Dr,, he said he didn't have all my notes in front

Of him and my urine showed some changes so he gave me some antibiotics

and showed me the door . I know we get free care on the NHS but it's

scary treatment at times .

• Posted

Hope the antibiotics will do the trick! You should be doing better after24-48 on them drink a lot of fluids!
    • Posted

I don't want to speak to soon but I think the antibiotics

are helping a bit . Fingers crossed it clears all the pain up !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.