Pain After Gallbladder Removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

It has been a year since I had my gallbladder removed and just last week I started having the same symptoms of pain in my right side as I did before the surgery. The pain got so bad I ended up at the ER where they ran tests and did a CT scan.  All my labs came back normal, but the pain is still there as well as nausea.  It hurts so bad and I’m so nauseated.  I called my gastro and he said he is trying to get the scans from the ER so he can better evaluate.  In the mean time I am worried to death that it’s something super serious.  Anyone else’s had these issues after gallbladder removal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, was a couple of weeks later. Surgeon explained it can be due to sludge or grit that can become dislodged during surgery but should soon dissipate and settled. 2 months on now and nothing since 
  • Posted

Hi this is the similar  problem my husband has he has pain once in the while where his gall bladder used to be his felt nausea also had a dizzy spell after he played footy why 
  • Posted

I have been in the same boat. I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago and I still have the same symptoms and the same pain when I had my ball bladder. I went back and forth with with my doctor but finally gave up. They are less frequent but when I do get the 'attack' it last hours. It's me basically living in fear of the next one. I wish I had better news.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.