pain after going back to work

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi , ive had 2 tkr s, one in feb and the other one in august last year , at 12 weeks post op with knee no 2 , i returned back to work , my job is  full on working full time , the first few weeks were hard and i was tired , now after 9 weeks im getting pain down both sides of both knees and very stiff and getting more stiff and painfull by the day ,the pain does get better once i sit down but now really hurts when i turn over in bed , i feel like the whole thing moves  , was thinking that i maybe doing too much and just have to work through it or am i doing damage to my knew knees , ideas any one

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am afraid that you are not healed enough yet to be on your feet that much. Maybe go see your doctor or at least your physiotherapist. So sorry to hear of your challenges.
  • Posted

TO MUCH TOO SOON .YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD A PHASED RETURN TO WORK ,YOU ARE GOING TO DAMAGE ALL THE HARD WORK YOU HSVE DONE WITH PHYSIO .
    • Posted

i wasnt alowed to phrase back to work , and only had 1 physio session ,but i think your right , its tough , thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.