Pain After TKR 9 mos. ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am having what feels like arthritis pain in my knee 9 months after TKR.  Anyone else?  Does anyone know why?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sherri, I think if I were you I would go and speak to your doctor, or try to get an appointment with the surgeon. I am only 3 months post TKR, but I would be concerned if the pain had stopped and now started again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Caz

• Posted

Thanks Caz...I called the office and there was a return voice message that said it was normal to have this pain. 

I'm concerned because I haven't heard of anyone else having it after such a long period of time. (???)

• Posted

Hi Sherri, well they do say that it takes a year to completely get over this operation. I asked my sister-in-law, she had her first one 2 years ago and has just had the second one done. She said that she still gets the occasional twinge, like if she turns in her sleep, but not on a regular basis and not very painful. 

I am still getting a fair amount of pain but I am 3 months. I hope that by the time I get to 9 that I would be pain free.

Maybe someone else on the forums will be able to help you. I hope so.

Caz

• Posted

thats interesting im 10 months on the right and5 months on the left , the left was much easier that the other , i went back to work full time with no rest 9 weeks ago and since then ive noticed that the left knee feels strange , when i walk down stairs or wake up i have the same kind of pain at the back of my knee when i bend it , thought it was because i was over doing it or just another part of the recovery , now i wonder , shall see the gp .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.