Pain allover help please xxx

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all my my recent symptom is severe pain in my chest upper stomach both sides of my ribs neck back and shoulders.all my body hurts when I push it my doc says it's just muscle tension been like it a few weeks now it's bloody agony dpanyone else had this xxx 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi mango I have this too and was td the same by the doctor-i can have it for weeks at a time n when I eventually calm myself down the pains ease off so im pretty sure my docs right-think about it its logical as when your tense or overly worried it will react on your body n make that tense too -hope u feel better soon and try n relax xx
  • Posted

Ask to see another GP to try and settle yourself. You never know he might  have a different opinion. Meanwhile take some painkillers paracetamol or ibuprofen for the inflammation it won't do any harm. Try and relax a bit to ease tension.
  • Posted

Thanks guys just can't believe how painful it is my dizzyness has also been really bad this week I've had many tests and seen many docs all say anxiety if only I could believe it makes you so ill.last week I was diagnosed with chronic balance disorder by ent after 18 constant months of dizzyness my doc says that's what they call it when they can't find anything wrong ,don't know why you are dizzy and can't help you what a joke xxxx 
  • Posted

Hello Mango,

If you are not regular every morning, IBS/constipation could be the problem. A poster on here named Barb gave a great suggestion and that is to take apple cider vinegar 20 - 30 minutes before a meal. It sound counter-intuitive but it works...and right away. I was suffering from such an uncomfortable-all-over feeling after eating and this did the trick.

Cut out all carbs...all white foods: pasta, cereal, bread, rice, potatoes...and of course anything at all with sugar in it. Sugar increases inflammation. And it sounds like your body is in full inflammatory mode. In a day or two you should feel so much better.

Since your doctor has concluded that your aches and pains amount to muscle tension, stretch! Find as many ways as you can, to stretch your body on the floor, sitting and standing. But warm up first and maybe even get a program from a physiotherapist so you don't injure yourself. You can get stretches on line as well. Leaning through a doorway is very helpful with your hands on both door posts. Move the hands to different levels to get a full stretch in various parts of your torso. You will be amazed at how deeply you can breathe afterwards. Word of caution: never stretch where there is actual pain. ANd don't bounce.

Go for walks especially in nature where you can relax and breathe in fresh air. 

Take up a sport; kayaking, swimming, hiking.... Go on Meetup putting in the name of your city. Google for example: 'Meetups Birmingham'. There are a million and one activites you can take part in that are free...and fun!  I actually have my own meetup that I run in my city.(teaching English as a second language to immigrants) There are so many activities that get you out and about and get your mind off your aches and pains. 

Good luck!

• Posted

Hello...have u seen a rheumy.. It could be RA, ARTHRITIS, FIBROMYALGIA , TO NAME JUST A FEW.. STICK WITH A DOC UNTIL U FIND A ANSWER. I HAVE SUFFERED THE SAME TYPE OF NONCHALLENT ANSWERS WHEN THE WHOLE TIME IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE GALLStones stuck in my bile duct or oops forgot caps not yelling ...even hip pain for 5 years went round and round to docs complaining about hip pain at 42. Finally I asked some one to X-ray my hip and it showed hip joint arthritis bone on bone.. Sometime these things can make u hurt all over sometimes not... In the long run stick with it until u have a diagnosis and prognosis.

I want to encourage u to look for a answer it'sit's UR health..keep all UR records as u go.

GOOD LUCK

(( hugs))

• Posted

Hello Mango,

I don't know how I thought you had digestive problems..which I addressed in my earlier email...

Are you on any medications that could have these symptoms as side effects? This would be my first consideration.

Do blood tests reveal inflammation or suggest an infection in the body? Always ask for copies of your blood tests so you can analyse them yourself and question the doctor on anything that is not within the norm.

Can you be tested for Lyme disease...and have a brain scan? hAve you considered lupus; are you dark skinned? You have to get to the bottom of this. This is no way to live. 

Let us know how you get on. As BIgmag suggests, take over the counter anti-inflammatory painkillers such as paracetamol or the NSAIDS Ibuprofen or Advil.

I hope you feel better soon.

Robin

• Posted

Hi robin77577 luckily digestive problems seem to be the only symtoms I don't have.ive had 2 MRI which where fine I've had the ana bloodtest for lupus also fine I'm  not on any meds tried them all but can't tolerate them my blood tests few times  have shown inflammation but the last one was fine my crp was back to normal so doc said not to worry I havnt seen a rheumy my doc was thinking of it but changed her mind she dosnt think it fibro or me because I'm not extremely tired and I sleep well at night.just don't know what to do anymore don't think I will ever get better my dizzyness and the pain allover are the worst symptoms they are constant xxx 
    • Posted

Hello Mango,

It's good that you ruled out many serious illnesses. Great news!

Are you anxious, Mango? The shallow breathing that comes with anxiety doesn't allow enough oxygen to the brain and you can become dizzy with tingling and numbness...and your heart can beat faster. This won't do you any harm but it can make you feel unwell. With this anxiety you can have pains in your chest because your muscles get tight as well.

If you go for a massage and take up some physical exercise such as walking or swimming, maybe this could be worth a try to help your body tension to dissipate. You just might be very tense, stressed and anxious.

Magnesium gylcinate before bed relaxes you and is also a good brain supplement. We are all deficient. When you go to buy it, ask your naturopath about its benefits.

Are you on any medications that could cause such side effects. Don't rely on your doctor for this information because he/she is not an expert in pharmacology. Your pharmacist is. You could speak to him or her about any medications you are taking and the symptoms you describe.  Also look them up yourself on line.

Let us know if you find a solution. This can always help others who come onto the site with similar medical issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.