Pain and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not been feeling myself for last 6 weeks. I have health anxiety. Thought I had bladder or kidney cancer but test came back normal (phew) was just bad uti but I still have alot of pain under my rib cage usually under my right but occasionally on my left going through into back. Hot water bottle works a treat. It's not there all the time liver and kidney bloods all normal could this be anxiety causing these pains even tho I'm not as wound up as I was. Don't want to go back to docs must be sick of sight of me and really want to deal with this myself. Any advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

if you are feeling low or anxious it doesnt take much to trigger it off I cant say about yours pains but if you were worried about your health before then it could start a trigger off. Believe me when I thought I was having problems with my heart i saw my doctors three times in one week but they were brilliant and diagnosed anxiety and depression it took three weeks and five visits to my doctor to reassure me up until a year ago when I started having chronic pain in my leg i maybe went once every two three years to my doctor but a good doctor will help
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Ribs are really sore and also where my ribs meet on the chest wall especially when u Press on them. Starting to get really worried anyone else had this. Please answer xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Someone please answer the pain when I press on upper middle chest is really sore but not there when I don't touch it I'm starting to panic please someone talk x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Carole, take deep breathes, and relax. Now if you are having some really deep pain and is unbearable go to the ER. I myself have never really felt this pain. I kniw anxiety can cause alot of pain and suffering. But if this just feels different and odd then please go to the ER. Better safe than sorry. But I bet you are fine if the pain is only there when you touch it then you have sore muscles. Anxiety is playing it's part and making it much worse than it really is.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up