pain back again

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well that will teach me 3 and a half weeks post operation and thought I had this pain sorted. How wrong was I? Think I did too much exercise and housework because I thought I could. Last night was one of the worst ever the pain came back and I didn't hardly

sleep. Today I am doing nothing at all just a little exercising and

plenty rest and icing. Don't be lulled into thinking one decent day and everything is back to normal because this thing just kids us..

One step forward and two back seems to be the norm. This is my second tkr so I should have known. The physio said we conveniently forget everything because that is the body's way of coping. Boy was she right.x

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's a slow process Joan. The pain does not get sorted in 3 and a half weeks.

Sorry but that is the reality of it.

However, on a brighter note! I had TKR 3 years ago and now it is like having my life back, there is no other way to describe it.

It does get better, but it takes time.

They said to me that it would take about a year beforeI I really began to feel the benefit of it.

Hang on in there and keep in touch

Take care

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Ha ha Joan. I couldn't agree more.  I am nearly eight weeks and am off for my second tkr on Tuesday.  I have written down each day what I did and how it affected my knees.  Hopefully this will keep me from overdoing things.  It is so frustration though. Just when you think you are on the mend, wham!    This forum has kep me sane. Thanks to everyone who contributes. 
    • Posted

Good luck with your second op on Tuesday keep us posted x
    • Posted

Wishing you well, you are very brave. I would not have considered having another TKR after only 8 weeks from the first one.

Take care and keep me posted.

Praying for you

Lots of love

Sarah xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.