Pain behind scar after exercising

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's 6 weeks since I had keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder.

I've recovered well and have been walking for exercise for 2 weeks now.

yesterday, feeling I needed more exercise I did some yoga. Just stretching exercises.

Today I've had a pain all day just behind the scar on my upper abdomen. Probably right where my gallbladder was. It's not a bad pain, just a worrying one. Feels like something is stretching inside me. It burns a little.

Anyone experienced this?

I'm so worried I've done some damage by doing those exercises.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

why would you do stretching of any kind. yes you probably pulled inner stitches. I wish you would slow down . you shouldn't be doing anything like that for about 3 to 4 months. you are still healing inside. you had major surgery. I hope you slow down.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't given any advice after my surgery and didnt even know there would be internal stitches. On my follow up visit the surgeon said any stitching dissolved within two weeks.

I read the NHS and RCS sites for info on recovery and both said that by 6 weeks one should be completely back to normal.

But I'm guessing that everyone is different.

After a good sleep my pain has gone so as you say, I probably pulled something but thankfully it doesn't seem to be too serious and from now on I'll be so much more careful.

• Posted

i was told not to do any hard excercises , you can damage your self,no heavy lifting excercise you may have over done it, take it easy,lots water,

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I'll be much more careful now.

I wasn't given any advice after my surgery.

Thank goodness for this forum 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.